[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interstate Highways that should have driver discretion speed limits

: My contribution - Florida Turnpike, south of Orlando, in the '50 mile
next
>: exit' stretch. CLEAN and SAFE. No exits or entrances for 50 miles.
Two
>: lanes all the way. No turns or hills. Just 50 miles of 1 1/2 - 2 mile
>: visibility. Except for the idiots in the left lane.
>
>: Let's here some more suggestions.

There's a stretch of Oklahoma, on 65, somewhere near McAlester if memory
serves me correctly, and I'm not too sure of the distance, cuz when you
drive you slip into a mile a minute time frame, and when you greatly
exceed that, it messes you up. Anyway, it's at least around twenty miles,
no on/off ramps, divided by a concrete barrier, and when I went through,
people were real good about gettin outta my way.