[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Repeal of the National Speed Limit Law

>In article <3t0ofj$m4s@newsbf02.news.aol.com> aaprrb@aol.com (AAPR RB) writes:
>
>>One of my points about a higher speed limit creating more deaths and
>>serious accidents DOES  in fact take into account some of the points that
>>NMA members have brought up. Primarily the one about people will drive at
>>whatever speed they want no matter what the posted limit. I see it a
>>slightly different way. I see it as a percentage over the posted limit.
>>Raise the speed limit, all traffic speeds increase. Those who drove
>>habitually over the speed limit will still drive over the new speed limit.

	Funny, my average speed ( given equal road conditions ) on
highways in Ohio ( 65 limit ) and NY ( 55 limit ) are about equal.
My average speed in Penn is slower due to the poor road conditions.

--
Please note: This is Keith Ryan posting. Please direct any e-mail
response to either "ar122@freenet.buffalo.edu" or "kmr4@po.cwru.edu"

Any typographical or grammatical errors are due to the evil news
machine mulching my post ;)
ckong@acsu.buffalo.edu

Follow-Ups: References: