[Next][Index][Thread]

Red lights that don't change

I'm sure this question has been asked more than once, but I wasn't here then, so here goes:
According to California vehicle codes you're supposed to stop at a red light until it turns green.
This is fine and dandy, unless it's one of those "special" lights that are only triggered by the weight
of an automobile. The problem: bicycles, most motorcycles, and some sub-compacts don't trigger
them. The result: the eternal red light. A freind of mine just got a ticket for running one on his
motorcycle, and even the officer writing the ticket didn't know what you're "supposed" to do.
Anybody know either the "official policy" or the best way to fight the ticket?
 	J "no pseudonym" Betti