[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Comments from Mr. Traffic

In article <3unpom$p88@news-e1a.megaweb.com>, kennystar@megaweb.com (KENNY MORSE) writes:

> And do they get ANYWHERE sooner
> by speeding?  Nah. They get to the next Red Light sooner.  Only on
> LONG trips does speeding have any effect.  Most people are just saving
> scant minutes on most local trips.  Foolish....just foolish.

Speaking solely for myself -- "pushing" the speed limit has very little to
do with getting there faster.  It has almost everything to do with
driving at what seems to be the comfortable and safe speed.

Note that there is a lower as well as an upper bound on "comfortable".

If you doubt this, I invite you to try driving between the Bay Area
and L.A. on I-5, at 62 mph, without being driven (ahem) stark, raving
mad out of sheer boredom and ennui.

	--- Jamie Hanrahan, Kernel Mode Systems, San Diego CA
Internet: jeh@cmkrnl.com (JH645)  CompuServe: 74140,2055