[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: driver's ed. is a joke

In article <3u9mgf$11u@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>,
J. Hale  <lily1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
}How can we even think of raising the speed limits to a reasonable level
}with the current lack of skill displayed by most drivers on the road
}today?

Let Darwin handle the driver training.  It works for getting high
school football players with Mustangs and Camaros out of the gene
pool.  Besides, the speed limits aren't slowing people down NOW.

} It seems to me that the whole driver's training system needs to
}be revamped and all who are currently licensed need to be recertified
}under more strict regulations before any other changes to driving laws.
} It's just too damned easy to get a license in this country.  Opinions?
} Comments?

Sorry, this is the United States of America.  The driver's license is
a right which ranks up there with dial tone and cable TV.  You'll get
my driver's license when you pry it from the hot, smoking, wreck of my car.

Seriously, I don't think changing the driver training system will get
you much:  most of driving is learned through actual experience on the
roads, with other drivers, and can't be learned any other way, at
least at present.

Follow-Ups: References: