[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: driver's ed. is a joke

In article <3v675p$h69@khis_news.khis.kodak.com>,
Robert King <king@khis.com> wrote:
}In article 7gc@wanda.pond.com, russotto@wanda.pond.com () writes:
}
}>}>Basically, because the government gets to use large men with guns and
}>}>clubs to enforce its edicts, derives all its money by taking it under
}>}>the threat of sending large men with guns and clubs after those who
}>}>don't pay, and is answerable only to itself.
}>}
}>}   Ah!  So you're a cynic, and a fatalist!  Have you ever voted?  Ever
}>}heard of it?
}>
}>Done it.  Those who I vote for never win.  I get one vote in several
}>million in a few races, and I usually can't stand ANY of the
}>candidates.
}
}   Then why not run yourself?  Or get involved in a PAC?  Or write
}letters to the editor, or to those in power (now there's a radical
}thought!)

Letters to those in power get filed with a form letter replay.
Letters to the editor-- I've written a few, but they are about as
effective as posts on  Usenet at doing anything.  Running myself or
getting involved in a PAC just makes me a cog in the wheel-- were I
ever to attain a position of real power, I'd have already been
co-opted by the system and I'd support the status quo.

}>  Voting is a placebo -- if it really changed anything, it would
}>be illegal.

}   There's the cynic talking again.  Don't bitch about somthing until
}you've TRIED to change it.

Pushing the system is ignored, unless you push hard enough to get
stomped on.  This is what I've learned dealing with systems without
armed enforcement agents.  I don't care to confirm it with systems
WITH armed enforcement agents.

}>}>"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit
}>}>of justice is no virtue."
}>}
}>}   Maybe you should live by your tagline...
}>
}>Well, I've never been accused of being a moderate.  What do you
}>suggest I do to live by my tagline, burn down the MVA?
}
}  At least then you'd be DOING SOMTHING.  (Not that I'm advocating THAT,
}of course!)

I do DO something. But I don't try to change the system -- I believe
that to be futile. I simply ignore it when I disagree with it and
think I can get away with it.  This, of course, makes me a common
criminal.  But I'd rather be a common criminal doing 85mph than
someone trying to change the system through legal means doing 55mph
(or 65mph) until (unless) I succeed.
--
Matthew T. Russotto      russotto@pond.com     russotto@his.com
of justice is no virtue."