[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The REAL REASON PEOPLE SPEED!

In article <3vufqr$96h@newsbf02.news.aol.com> FolsomMan wrote:
>Kenny Morse wrote:
>
>> : EXACTLY!  Forget the NMA study.  THIS has more to
>> : do with how speed limits should be set than anything
>> : else.  Get people to respect EACH OTHER, then
>> : they might respect speed laws arrived at fairly.
>
>A lot of drivers show disrespect by getting into the left lane and
>blocking faster traffic to help enforce the speed limit.  Then further
>disrespect is shown by those who undertake unnecessary maneuvers to get by
>the righteous ones.  If speed limits were set at speeds that people drive
>at, the law would no longer be on the side of the assholes who block the
>fast lane and they could be ticketed as they so richly deserve.  After
>which, they might actually stop their anal retentive behavior on the
>highway.

I agree with you Mark up to the point where you assert
<<If speed limits were set at speeds that people drive at>.....
you and I differ at this point......I say if you up the speed limit
to ANYTHING....65....75....85 (right, we wish), then people
will STILL break those limits.

Kenny Morse
"Mr. Traffic" responding to>