[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The REAL REASON PEOPLE SPEED!

In <40f3bq$gql@gap.cco.caltech.edu> addam@cco.caltech.edu (Adam Neil
Villani) writes:

>Excellent point. And I've also never seen a satisfactory explanation
>for why passing on the right is wrong in the first place. _Being_
>passed on the right is most certainly wrong.

This is one of those 'wheel has come full circle', is it not?
You are following up to a follow up to a follow up to this:

   It is impossible to avoid being passed on the right.  How would you
   avoid it?  By cutting in in front of the motorist diagonally to the
   rear right of you, whom you were passing but who suddenly speeds up,
   because his lane opens up while yours is still clogged?  I see this
   happen all the time.  Especially in stop-and-go traffic, I often see
   one lane stopped for a while while an adjacent lane is going at a
   good 25 mph or so.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
"please ignore Dhesi" -- Mark Crispin <mrc@CAC.Washington.EDU>