[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The REAL REASON PEOPLE SPEED!

In <leobDD4I95.LG7@netcom.com> leob@netcom.com (Between 408 and 510...) writes:

>To 'pass' a car you have to be behind it in the same lane,
>then change lane, actually pass the car, and (optionally) return to
>the original lane.

So if I understand correctly, if you have recently changed lanes
towards the right, then you are not permitted to speed up to the normal
flow of traffic in your new lane, should such flow of traffic happen to
be faster than the one in the lane on the left?  But it's ok to change
lanes towards the right and then remain driving slowly, and holding up
others behind you, so long as you are no faster than the lane you just
left?

It still makes no sense to me.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>