[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: L. A Times

In article <143288@cup.portal.com>,  <Floyd_-_Meyer@cup.portal.com> wrote:
>   Mr. Traffic is funny, but his main message of "Pay up and shut up" is
>so much garbage. 90% of all trafic citations are "Make money" deals to
>support the government(s). When people stop paying them and do their
>pennance(s) by sitting it out in Jail ($50 a day) the police will not be
>eager to cite people.

Of course we could read the damn laws.  Oh yeah, people have time to
work and send extra money to campaign funds.  And then we might write a
letter to a pig..I mean politician (just thinking of Doris Allen) which
takes more time.  Then the law we asked for gets passed and no one
reads it.  What a surprise.

Sitting it out in jail is not much fun.  I have talked to people who have.
But, if you knew the law well enough to fight your tickets, you'll be much
better off.  For starters, you won't have to sit with scum in jail.  You
will have the proper respect for a law, especially when its poorly
written.  And you will deprive the criminals in office (not in jail yet)
and those out of office (traffic school instructors) who profit from this
hopeless charade we call justice.

--
Scott Dunn : scotdun@netcom.com : FOIA/PA researcher, tutor
"When there is crime in government, there is no justice." --Potato