[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Help Bad speeding ticket

In article <randy-0711952342240001@philly08.voicenet.com>, randy@omni.voicenet.com (Randy) writes...
>In article <47okk8$e8f@lo-fan.jpl.nasa.gov>, "Antonio S. Esporma" <tony> wrote:

>> PEOPLE DRIVE AT SPEEDS THAT THEY FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH, REGARDLESS OF
>> THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT.

>So you are telling me that everyone that feels comfortable driving at 100
>MPH are doing it? I don't think so.

Then they don't go 100.

>But how do people know when cops are or are not around? Nice observation.

I drive on a number of unpatroled roads.  How do I know they are unpatroled?
State Troopers are found only on interstates, and selected state highways.
I travel on state highways that are unpatroled.  I also travel on farm
roads.  Neither of these have cops on them.

>Some people argue that 100 MPH is comfortable for them.

*Marc raises his hand*

>> I would dare say that Porsches, NSXs and Ferraris might do 105, but
>> then I'm comfortable about having such cars about me doing those speeds
>> because as a general rule they are being operated well below their
>> performance envelopes even at a 100 and can react quite quickly to
>> adverse circumstances.

>The cars might be operated well below their envelope speed, and can react
>quickly, but put a driver that cannot handle the vehicle well, and what do
>you have?

A dead driver, and a nice piece of machinery destroyed.  I would say that
anyone who buys those cars will go fast anyway, and the speed limit is
not the limiting factor, but their perception of safe.  If they can't
handle the car, they will die, no matter what the speed limit is, or how
good the car is.  The Corvette and Mustang are some of the most deadly
vehicles, not because they are inherently unsafe, but because the people
who drive them are idiots.

Marc