[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solve speeding by limiting cars!

In <3pu04u$6p1@ludes.com>, marks@ludes.com (Mark Spencer) writes:
]        Cars are already being sold with speed limiters to keep from
]exceeding the limits of the tires and suspension. Why aren't cars sold with
]speed limiters at 65 mph to keep from exceeding the limits of the law? The
]majority of all accidents are due to speed. Thosands of lives would be saved
]every year if cars were unable to exceed a safe speed.

What happens *when* (not if) Congress passes the new highway bill eliminating
the 55/65 speed limit, and you're stuck with a car limited to 65. That'll do
wonders for the resale value I bet. The new speed limit in California is
going to be 70. Already signed by the governor just waiting for the bill
to pass in Congress.

This all reminds me of a speed limit thread in rec.autos.driving from a
while back. Some guy posted something about speed limits being set where
they are for safety reasons after careful study, blah blah blah. Played
it real straight, and lots of people took the bait, but someone finally
noticed the DOD# in the sig and got the joke. :)
    Daniel Wang               '84 RZ350     AMA#: none   Activities: none
   dcwang2@csupomona.edu      '92 GS500E    DOD#: none       Honors: none
      Quote: "To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid."

Follow-Ups: References: