[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solve speeding by limiting cars!

In <3pu04u$6p1@ludes.com>, marks@ludes.com (Mark Spencer) writes:
> The
>majority of all accidents are due to speed. Thosands of lives would be saved
>every year if cars were unable to exceed a safe speed.

I've been exceeding the 55/65  by at least 10 MPHlimit ever since it was
established.. I also run 10-20 over the limit on back roads, curves, wherever
traffic and road conditions allow a comfortable limit that's higher than the
posted limit..

Strangely enough, I'm still alive, and the only times I've suffered bent
sheetmetal were in parking lots and bumper-to-bumper traffic..  Oh, I
also ended up in a ditch after missing a turnoff on a dark rainy night at
about 10 MPH UNDER the posted limit, "proving" that low speeds
cause accidents.