You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00024 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhaktas : if anyone is fortunate to reside near the Adi Kesava Perumal
Koil at Mylapore, the writer would like to get details of one Venkatesan
Bhatacharyar of Gumudipoondi...

This gentleman is quite a senior priest/official and visits the Adi Kesava
Perumal Koil on big occasions...the writer had met him a few years back
during Hanumar Jayanthi...the writer has written to the temple authorities
to give the address of the priest at Gumudipoondi..In fact the gentleman
stays in a quite, remote typical hamlet off Gumudipondi and lives an
anonoymous, life devouted in the service of the Lord....

----- Forwarded by S Ramachandran/Custody/KamalaMills/HBL on 23/04/2002
04:47 PM -----

"sumivaradan"
<sumivaradan@yah To:
oo.com> Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc: acharya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
18/04/2002 10:21 bhakti-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
PM malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Please respond Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
to Oppiliappan parakalamatham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
ramanuja_society@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
tiruvengadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Oppiliappan] Re: A
Request

sri parthasarathi thunai,
srimathe ramanujaya namaha

pranams,
This is my short intro. I am sumithra varadarajan. Born and brought
up under the divine feet of sri Thiruvallikeni Parthasarathi
Emperuman. My grand father was also a Theertha karar in parthasarathi
koil. I am married to Sri S.Varadarajan(Software professional-TCS,
presently in U.S for a year. Natives of Karapangadu and shisyas of
His Holiness Sri Vannamamalai Jeeyer Swamigal).
Hope many of you enjoyed the postings on adiyen's anubhavams in
Thiruvallikeni.

I request all the Bhagavatals of this group to visit the site 'ON
THIRUVALLIKENI' submitted to the holy feet of the geethacharyan at

http://www.geocities.com/sumivaradan/

Please send your kind suggestions and opinions to the above email-Id

adiyen ramanuja dasyai
sumithra varadarajan

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxx, Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:
> SrI:
>
> Dear BhakthAs :
>
> It will be valuable if you can introduce yourself
> briefly to other members of this group. That will
> help us to get to know each other and realize
> a close sathsangam .
>
> Let me start by introducing myself:
>
> I am from Oppiliappan Koil dhivya desam .
> Our family is associated with SrI Ahobila matam
> for generations. After my graduate studies in
> Chemistry & Metallurgy in India ( Madaras,Annamalai
> Universities and the Indian Institute of Science ,
> Bangalore) I came for Post-graduate studies to USA
> and completed my Doctoral Studies at M.I.T. I have
> worked thereafter for the U.N and IBM , where I spent
> more than quarter of a century at the IBM T.J.Watson
> Research Center in N.Y. Since retiring from IBM ,
> I am active with a company I started (Net worked
> Multimedia Services).
>
> I am very much intersted in Dhivya prabhandhams,
> PoorvAchAryA's SrI Sookthis and Ubhaya VedAntham .
> My additional intersts are in Carnatic Music and
> Bharatha Naatyam. I am active in producing Multimedia
> Educational releases in English ( AchArya RaamAnujA
> CD ROM , Life and Vaibhavam of the 12 AzhwArs )with
> Sriman M.A.Alwar of Mysore/Melkote.
>
> I am assisting the SrI RanganAthA Temple at Pomona , NY
> and have created the web pages for Swamy Desikan ,
> ThiruvengadamudayAn , Oppiliappan and Swamy MaNavALa
> MaamunigaL so far with Sri Haresh Subramanyan of
> Singapore. I edit SaraNAgathy Journal with SrIman
> Sampath Rengarajan of Thirukkudanthai. Most recently ,
> I have created Lakshmi Job net to help devotees help
> each other with the identification of jobs and
> exchanging information about them .
>
> Approximately one month ago, adiyEn has created
> this e-list known as Oppiliappan Net to serve
> the SrI VaishNava Community at large .I am very happy to
> welcome you all to the Oppilappan net to establish
> a sathsangam as members of RaamAnuja Kudambham.
>
> AchAryan ThiruvadigaLE saraNam ,
> Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

The information in this email is confidential, and intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. Any
copying or further distribution beyond the original addressee is not
intended, and may be unlawful. The opinions expressed are those of the
sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of HDFC Bank Ltd.

The e_mail has been successfully scanned for presence of virus. It is
recommended to scan the attachment before launching.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list