You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00004 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrImathi Shobha Srinivasan:

Thanks very much for sending me the most beautiful
nine gems of Saint  Puradara Daasar .I have heard number of
them without fully understanding the meanings of
the Saahithyam. Now I have a fuller appreciation
of the Bhakthi BhAvam that bristles .

I am sure that the Kannada  speaking Devotees of the list
would eb particularly happy to recieve the full text
of these 9 Krithis.

Thanks again for  this Ugadi day present ,

V.Sadagopan

At 03:53 PM 4/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Sri Sadagopan sir,
>
>If you are interested to add the navaratna pf Sri Purandara dAsaru, here is
>it.  But however, if you are unable to add in Raama  Bhakthi List , it is
>for you to enjoy.
>
>Regards,
>
>Shobha Srinivasan
>

>pOgAdirElO ranga bagilindAce        |p|
>bAgAvataru kANdu etti koNDoyvAru    |a|
>
>Meaning :
>
>Do not go out (of the house), O, ranga.
>BhagavatAs will take you away (from me)!
>
>(BhagavatAs are the people who give
>discourses on bhagavatam and make living.
>Also they depend on shri hari for everything.
>Bheema (or hanuma/madhva) was the ONLY ONE who
>lived this style 100%.)
>
>suramunigaLu tamma hrudaya gafvara dalli
>paramAtmana kANade arasuvaru
>dorakAda vastuvu dorakItu tamagendu
>harushAdindali ninna karedetii kombuvaru  |1|
>
>Meaning :
>
>Saints, who have struglled to see God
>in their hearts, if they see you playing outside,
>will take you away, thinking that they got something
>invaluable.
>

>agaNitaguNa ninna jagada nAriyarella
>hageyAgi nuDivarO gopAlanE
>magugaLa mANikya tagutitu karakendu
>vegAdindali bandu bigidappikombuvaru    |2|
>
>Meaning :
>
>For Ladies (gopIs) you are everything inspite of
>their chides (against you). They will definteley
>take you away when they see you thinking that
>they got the gem amongst children!
>
>diTTa nAriyarella isTava salisendu
>aTTaTTi bennaTTi tiruguvarO
>srushTIsha purandara viTTala rAyane
>isTishTu beNNeyA koTTenO rangayya       |3|
>
>Meaning :
>
>Women who are doing vratAs to get their
>wants will come following you, to pester
>you to give them their wants. They will
>show some butter and will try to take you
>away.
>

>In the second song amongst navarantagaLu from
>purandara dAsa, the dAsa has made a comparison
>between sugar candy and hari nAma. He proves that
>hari nAma is a better sugar candy.
>
>kallu sakkare koLLirO nIvellaru
>kallu sakkare koLLirO                |p|
>
>Meaning :
>
>Buy the sugar candy.
>
>kallu sakkare savi ballavare ballaru
>pulla locana sri krishNa nAmavemba   |a|
>
>Meaning :
>
>The sweetness of the sugar candy called
>'krishnA nAma' is known only to those who
>have enjoyed that.
>
>ettu hErugaLilla hottu mAruvudalla
>ottatti gONiyoLu tumbuvudalla
>etta hOdaru bADige sunkavidakilla
>uttama sarakidu atilAbhabaruvanta     |1|
>
>Meaning :
>
>This sugar candy need not be taken
>on a ox, this need not be kept filled
>in gunny bags (for preserving), this
>need not be paid taxes, this is the
>best product which can also give best returns.
>
>nashTabILuvudalla nAta huTTuvudalla
>eshTu oydaru bele rokka vidakilla
>kaTTiruve tindu kaDimeyAguvudalla
>paTTaNadoLage prasidhdha vAgiruvanta   |2|

> [...]

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/XUWolB/TM