You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00011 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Friends:
     Eedu vyaakyaanams may differ. Azhwar thiru-ullam will shine even
beyond eedu We have to remember upfront that Azhwar paasurangal are
for us and it should be in the back of our mind when dealing with
these divine works. "naamam Paraankusamo Naaranamo"..Kurungudi Nambi
incarnated as Azhwar. Mandabuddies (like us) have to approach these
blessings through eedu vyaakyaanams and without amplifying the
differences between them (we are not qualified to do so) we can enjoy
each approach. Following one such tradition we try to understand this
paasuram.
    My mind always is engaged in acts that will bring material
happiness. Even knowing that Perumal anubhavam is the amrudam I am
unable to suppress my desires. Though I have no true bkakthi, I know
the art of tricking not only others but Perumal Himself by pretending
to be dear to Him. By comparing Him to KaruMaanikkam(Precious stone)
and by praising the beautiful ChakrathuAzwar shining in His Hand I
act like those Sadus who have real affection for Him. ( How aptly
this applies to us! When we go to the temples how many of us are
taken aback by the bhakthi exhibited by simple minded - other -
people.). Thus believing me Perumal entered into me. He is a
SuddhaSatvan..I am made of puncha buthaas..what a surprise that He is
inside me.  If this is the fate who can change it?  Here "vidi"(fate)
referes to His kaarunyam. We express our extreme happiness (inspite
of my pretentions He showered His blessings on me) by calling
out "ayyo". By false act I got the real benefit (Poyye solli meyye
petrane). The benefit is Bhagavath anubhavam(meyye).
   In these 10 paasurams, Azhwar,  by obtaining the strength because
of His kaarunyam  challenges His swaatantriyam. Kanna! realising my
false act, are You running away from me? ..."araiyo".....This is an
expression we use out of affection in our daily life. We tell our
spouse or children that if you don't come back soon you will be
punished  "adi vizhum".

Dr. K. P. Sarathy

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "geetha_rangarajan2000"
<geetha_rangarajan@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear respected members
>
> please accept my humble namaskarams.  while going through
> thiruvaimozhi pasurams, i came across 'kai aar chakarathu' (5 the
> hundred, 1st ten, 1st) which i found very interesting.  This
pasuram
> has been roughly translated by a tamil vidwan in the book i read
> as 'after showering your grace on me, if you decide to leave me i
> will give you a slap' (araiyo arai).
>
> Is the above interpretation correct? How does our sampradayam
> aacharyas interpret this verse?  Can any member please write more
on
> this interesting pasuram?
>
> adiyal
> geetha

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/XUWolB/TM