You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00008 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear shri venkatesan swami

please accept my humble namaskarams.  thanks for your note on the
thiruvaimozhi pasuram.  iam looking forward with intense anticipation
to your post on this based on aacharya's upanyasam.

thank you once again.
adiyal
geetha

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TCA Venkatesan <vtca@xxxx> wrote:
> Sri:
> Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:
>
> Dear bhAgavatas,
>
> This interpretation of the word "aRai" in this pasuram
> goes neither with the traditional vyakhyanams nor
> with Azhvar's usual mindset/word usage. While Azhvar
> has shown "piNakku" with the Lord, I doubt that he has
> ever said that he would slap Him or anything like that.
>
> Here is the full pasuram:
>
> kaiyAr cakkaraththu en karumANikkamE ! enRenRu
> poyyE kaimmai sollip puRamE puRamEyAdi
> meyyE peRRozhindhEn vidhivAykkinRu kAppAr Ar?
> aiyo ! kaNNa pirAn ! aRaiyO ! inip pOnAlE
>
> I will try to post a little bit about this pasuram
> based on acharya's vyakhyanam later, unless of
> course, the learned bhAgavatas who can write with
> true understanding of the pasuram post about it.
> But a quick note about the word aRai used here. It
> is used in the context of "aRai kUvudhal". That is,
> Azhvar says that he will let the world know if He
> leaves (after giving him who spoke only lies the
> true pERu).
>
> adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
>
> --- geetha_rangarajan2000 <geetha_rangarajan@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Dear respected members
> >
> > please accept my humble namaskarams.  while going through
> >
> > thiruvaimozhi pasurams, i came across 'kai aar
> > chakarathu' (5 the
> > hundred, 1st ten, 1st) which i found very interesting.
> > This pasuram
> > has been roughly translated by a tamil vidwan in the book
> > i read
> > as 'after showering your grace on me, if you decide to
> > leave me i
> > will give you a slap' (araiyo arai).
> >
> > Is the above interpretation correct? How does our
> > sampradayam
> > aacharyas interpret this verse?  Can any member please
> > write more on
> > this interesting pasuram?
> >
> > adiyal
> > geetha

> http://tax.yahoo.com

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/i5gGAA/XUWolB/TM