You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00058 Apr 2003

Apr 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

> SrI:
>
> Dear Friend :

> Here are my views.A quick answer to Your question is:
> There is no support for Sthree dhanam in the Vedas
> (Rg vedam X Canto).

Dr Sadagopan is absolutely right on this issue. Dowry was a practice so
pernicious among the British. Mumbai(Bombay) was actually granted as dowry
by the Royal house of Portugal to the Royal house of England.

Many Indians started copying the British Saheb. It is unfortunate that we
even continue to do so - 55 years after independence. Sometimes I even
wonder why we speak in English or even regard english as our mother tongue.
Personally, i have great respect for Shakespeare, Scot Robert Burns and GB
Shaw, but we should make a concrete effort to start speaking in Sanskrit.
English should remain only an interface to the outside world and only as a
language of international communication.

The great tamil grammarian - Senavaraiyar said that Sanskrit belongs not
only to Tamizh Nadu but to the entire country. The great Sangam Tamizh texts
speak about how gloriously the aksharam-s of samskrutam arose from the
damaru of Maheshwarar.

Kambar himself says that Valmiki was one of the most honored sages of the
first Tamil Sangam. The great Sanskrit poeticist - Dandin was a court poet
at the Pallava kingdom of Kanchipuram. Today, Dandin's dasakumaracharitam is
still taught in Ahobila Matham pAtashAlas.

So come on my friends, let us start conversing in Sanskrit. Here is a
website:

http://www.samskrita-bharati.org and let us also learn Tamizh at
http://www.tamilvu.org

Friends, Sanskrit is the best choice to be made as the National language of
India. The great country, Israel revived Hebrew after nearly 2500 years.
Japan adopted western technology into it's own language.

Sanskrit is the only language that unites every Indian from Kashmir to
Kanyakumari, Dwaraka in Gujarat to Kamakhya in Assam.

SamskrutE sambAshanam kuru !!!
jEvanasya parIvarthanam kuru !!!

(converse in Sanskrit, revolutionise your life !!! )

Regards,.

Malolan Cadambi

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia