You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00057 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear members in Kuwait,

April 13th is Tamil New Year Day and the asterism of
"sravaNam/tiruvONam" also happens to aspect the day.
It is a very auspicious coincidence indeed!

The New Year "sravanOtsavam" will be held this month
at my residence Apt 4, Tower 1, Wafa COmplex,
Farwaniya (tel: 473 0233 mob:6717771) on Tuesday, 13
April at 7.30 PM. The following will be the
proceedings:

        "achArya tanians"

        "veda-pArAyanam: brghu-valli" (taittiriyam)
       (let us pray that the New Year will be filled

        with "brahmAnandam" for all of us)

        "hayagreeva-stOtra" -- (prayer for the
        success of all our children in their new
        academic year)

        "dasAvatAra-stOtra" -- (prayer for all
         round "shubham" (prosperity) in our homes in
         the new year)

        "tirupallAndu" -- (prayer that the Almighty's
         presence and protection be constantly with us

         in the new year)

        "tirupallezhuchi" -- (prayer that the new year

         shall turn out to be the Dawn of many new
         successful endeavours in our lives)

        "tiruppAvai" (main stanzas only): (prayer that

         in the new year of "thAraNam" too, as in past

         years, we shall continue to serve the
         Almighty, the Lord of Tiruvenkatam, in
         thought, word and deed)

         "mangala shlOkams", "saatrumarai"

         "prasAdam"

Please do join in the festivities with family members
and friends! Ring in the joyous Tamil New Year!

Thanks and regards,

dAsan,
Sudarshan

http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony/