You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00083 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Nappinnai had appeared just like You; - But even for
the case of samsaaris, the way You perform is also a
wonder. The way You saved Rudran from the curse of
having the skull stuck to his palms. The parama
upakAram (greatest help) that You had rendered to
Rudran is described here. When AzhwAr enjoying
KrishNAvathAram- why did he mention this incident now-
is for the last verse line- ?nee vagutthalum
maayamaakkinaay?.

vERisaindha sekkarmEni neeRu aNindha punsadai
keeRuthingaL vaitthavankai vaitthavan kabaalmisai
ooRusenkuruthiyaal niRaittha kaaraNanthanai
ERusenRa darththaveesa! pEsukoosa minRiyE.      (42)

Oh SarvEshwaranE! Supreme Lord! The One who went to
the seven bulls and crushed the same (to marry
Nappinnai PiraaTTi)! [You] for The One who likes to be
different and do different [vERu isaindha]; the one
with red body; wearing ashes as the ornament; On the
matted locked hairs- placing the crescent moon; filled
the skull that was stuck to his palm (due to the
curse) with your blood from your dhivya mangaLa
vigraham.
Why did You do that? Please tell me without hiding
from me.

VeRu isaidha- In everything he would like to be
different and do different- Rudran has red boy; wears
matted locks and adorns the crescent moon therein;
performs the samhAram (death) for all unlike others
who would not dare do such a cruel act. He did not
want his father BrahmA also to have five heads (like
himself who is also five headed) and hence plucked one
of the heads that got stuck to his palm [due to the
curse from BrahmA]; Hence vERu isaindhu. Also He wears
ashes all over his body and lives in the graveyard.
When he wore the ash, matted locks to reduce the heat
of the paapam (sin) and inspite of doing severe
penance the brahmma hatthi dhOsham (of having killed
one head) did not get cured. The sages and Devas
assembled and took mercy on Rudran and said, ?go for
begging with the kappalam (skull) as the vessel. If
the skull gest filled you will get rid of the sin.?.
He went everywhere begging and it did not at all fill
even an inch inside the skull. Helpless Rudran
suffered wandered everywhere and ultimately went to
BadrikAshramam crying, ?kAnda kadalum malaiyEzhul
ulagEzhum undatthukkakkARRA OO mugil vaNNA! Cried
Rudran yearning for His dayA and mercy on him to save
him from the paapam. Then, KANNA! You took mercy on
Rudran and removed a small droplet of blood from your
divine chest and filled the skull fully and broke open
the skull from his palm saving him from most cruel
paapam. How can one comprehend this maayam (mystery)
of Yours ? You being a SarvEshwaran. Why should the
skull get stuck to his palm? Why should he go begging
for the same to be filled? And finally with Your
blood? It exploded to pieces once it got filled with
your blood. And till then, it did not. Why? In Youyr
divine suddhta sathva aprAkrutha ThirumEni (divine
body) where is the question of normal blood? And how
did it come out? In every deed and in every query, the
mystery remains unresolved and it is not possible for
us to understand. You even forsake Your suffering and
bore the pain to bring blood to fill the skull for
saving Rudran due to your mahOpakAram. When such
should be the attitude of even at the expense of our
pain, we need to help others and you appear to ask
Rudran: why did you let your father suffer and why did
you remove the head- was your underlying statement.

Sekkar mEni- red coloured body- may also mean red sky
like body. It matches with his duty of samhAram.
neeRu aNindha- wearing the ashes. It is mentioned in
atharvasirassaaram [of Sri UttamUr Swamy].
Punsadai- due to great penance, the hairs have become
matted and hence lots of lice and dandruff have
formed- hence lowly sadai (matted locks);

yERu seNru adarattha ISA- Says AzhwAr- the one who
went and crushed seven bulls- For saving the one who
did one brahmaahatthi- here is the one who has done
seven Gohatthi (killing seven bulls)- scholars say
jocularly.

He [the Lord] is akilahEyaprathyaneekan- untouched by
imperfections and nirdhOshakan. In order to show that
to the world- You performed this wonderful mysterious
deed perhaps and declared Your parathvam (supremacy).

koosaminRi Pesu- If I declare my supremacy (Parathvam)
people would get scared and would not approach me and
hence I should not tell that- Do not think like that.
Do not hide the Parathvam like what You did for the
GopikAs. Sicne we know that already, you should not
hide the same. WQqe know of Your unparalleled
Supremacy. Do not feel shy that ?how can I talk of
myself?. Even if others think so, I would not. Come
on. Please tell me all.

Thirumazhisai Piraan thiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan