You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00120 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

After having mentioned about Him being enjoyed by few;
while not even seen or enjoyed by others, AzhwAr feels
bad that he himself is not blessed to be born when He
appeared as vibhava avathAramas namely, Mathsya,
Krroma, Varahaa et al. How am I going to see Him
hereafter?- Asks AzhwAr.

thOdupeRRa thaNthuzhaayalangal aadu senniyaay
kOdupaRRi aazhiyEndhi anchiRaip puLoordhiyaal
naadupeRRa nanmainaNNam illaiyENnum naayinEn,
veedupeRRu iRappodum piRappu aRukkum  aa solE.
(46)

Oh The Lord who has cool Thirutthuzhaay flower garland
on the Head! You hold the white Conch Shell
(Pannchajanyam) in one of Your hands; and in the other
holds the divine ChakrA and rides on the most
beautiful featherd ? winged king of Birds- GarudA at
times. I, the lowliest self- am unfortunate not to get
the divine anubhavams (experience) of having You at
such close quarters duing your avathArams; Though I
was not blessed with such a bhAgyam, at least now you
can bless me (at least) further avoidance of future
births and deaths and falling into samsaaris
afflictions again and again. Please bless the naayinEn
(lowliest one)

When the Lord nods approving the devotees Surrender
(Saranagathi) and accept them, His head moves and the
lovely cool, Thirutthuzhaay flower moves as well
graciously. AzhwAr enjoys that. Also He is Sankha
Chakra dhAri which declares His Parathvam- the
unparalleled Supreme Lord riding on the Vainantheyan-
the VedaathmA; vihakEswaran- Veda swarUpi.

When You rode on GarudA, people enjoyed. I was not
born that day and hence missed all of that. I am born
when You are not here ? as vibhavam. I am most
unfortunate and am lowliest one. Please bless this
lowly one from furthermore births and deaths.

naayinEn- Periya vaacchaan Pillai beautifully
comments: Whereevr the door is opened, the dog enters
there, touches with its spittle all objects and does
all nonsense and goes out and enters another door.
Similarly the jeevan takes various births and does all
materialistic and worldly things and hence ?naayinEn?-
addressed by AzhwAr [thiRandha vaasalellAm nuzhaindhu,
nuzhaindha vaasalellAvaRRilum parihuthanaay, dEVAREER
ugandhu thodilum (even You touch me), angutthaikku
avadhyam viLaiyumpadiyaana swaroopatthai udaiyavan
naan?.]

Thirumazhisai Piraan thiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash