You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00007 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

957. kshIbhAsi kAnchanapadhAvani! KaITaBhArE:
        pAdhAravindhamakarandhaniShEvaNEna
        dhEvi! (dhaIvAth) thvadhanthikajuSha: kaThamanyaThA mE
        dhInAksharANi na shruNOShi dhayADhikA thvam

Oh Devi Gold Paaduka! You perhaps, have got intoxicated with honey
from the Lord's Lotus Feet. How elese You, with Your great mercy
quality, remain heedless to my pathetic words from near You!

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 957

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Oh Golden Paadhukais of the Lord !
You seem to be intoxicated from the drinking of the honey from the
lotus
feet of Your Lord . Otherwise , DEvi , how can I explain or
understand
Your neglect  of my dire pleas ? Normally , You are very
compassionate
and respond fast to the cries of Your devotees .( Swamy  Desikan
begged
the Paadhukais to bring the Lord before him . They acted as though
they
never heard him . He expresses his sorrow and disappointment in
this slOkam ).

2) Srimath Andavan's anubhavam: Oh PaadhukE ! I am a MahA Paapi ,
who dare not approach You . Inspite of that , due to Bhagavan's
anugraham ,
I have been empowered to approach You . My sins have not been
banished
however even after seeking You as my refuge. I am standing next to
You  and
crying with agitated voice about my unbearable samsAric sufferings.
How come
those pleas are not falling on Your ears ? I can not say that You
are indifferent
because You are heartless  . You are indeed the embodiment of DayA.
I can not also assess that You do not have the power to eliminate my
sorrows .
Among the three items needed for rakshaNam , Jn~Anam , DayA and
Sakthi
are included. Since You have DayA and Sakthi in abundance , it must
be the lack
of Jn~Anam about my sufferings that must be interfering with Your
rush to protect
me.  I am sure that you did not reject me purposely . I surmise that
It is your
total immersion in the aanandhAnubhavam arising from Your drinking
the madhu associated with Your Lord's lotus feet makes You oblivious
of me .My cries of suffering (Aaartha Dhvani) has therefore escaped
Your ears. There are also external signs ( golden color of Yours and
the lustre of Your body ) that shows off and are linkable to the
golden
pollen despositing on You from the Lord's lotus feet . It is only my
paapa raasis that make You  deaf to my soulful cries seeking Your
intervention !

3) Oh golden PaadhukA Devi , who  is the PaadhukA of the Lord ,
who destroyed the asuran , KaiDaban ( KaiDabhArE: Kaacnana
PadhAvani DEvi ) ! You are in a state of intoxication from
the consumption of the honey associated with Your Lord's
lotus feet ( KaidabhArE: Paadharavindha makarandha
nishEvaNEna ksheeBA asi). If that were not so (anyaTA) ,
You filled with DayA by svabhAbhAvam ( dayAdhikA  Thvam )
will not be indifferent to me standing next to You ( Thvanthikajusha:
mE )  and ignore my heart rending cries for rescue (dheenAksharANi
kaTam na sruNOshi )? ....(V.S) .

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM