You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00030 Aug 2004

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

SrimathE rAmAnujaya Namaha

Srimad Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

?mEshE chittA samuthbhootham pANdyadEsE kaNamsakam I

 SriparAnkusa sathbhaktham madhuram kavimAsrayE II?

This being the concluding posting of this series it is adiyen?s humble request to all bhagavatas to please consider this as adiyen?s personal anubhavam and no insult or nothing against the poorvacharya anubhavams/vyakhyanams is intended.  It is adiyen?s involvement towards Parthasarathi and thiruvallikeni divya desam that had made adiyen write such a series.  There may be many places not acceptable to many but still let this be considered as just one other anubhavam of an ignorant soul blabbering something (?neesanEn niraiondrumilEn en kan pAsam vaiththa paramsudar jOdhikkE? ?elaiya pun kavidhaiyElum empirArkku eniyavArE?).  Right or wrong adiyen is sure that this series will be enjoyable to both Parthasarathi emperuman and all his devotees.   What else to say other than his divine grace (nirheduka krupai) that had made the lowest of the lowest jeevatma like adiyen to write a few words about emperuman and his greatness.

We will conclude this series just spotting one great occasion to add to our anubhavam.  In the previous posting we saw that MA had indirectly did mangalasasanams to our dear Parthasarathi.  Do you know how sArathi honours MA for the same?  It is only on the avarthAra dinam of MA, chittiraiyil chittirai does parathasarathi start his grand yearly brahmotsavam.  It is like sArathi celebrating the divine avataram of MA to show the greatness of an acharya to this world for 10 days.  And on top of all this on that day parthasarathi gives divine darshan to MA in the ?pinna kalai vAhanam? as kutti kannan with a flute in hand.  Just for all your information there is one another similar happening in thiruvallikeni when Narasimhan/Azhagiya singan during his brahmotsavam honours periazhvar (on Ani swathi).  Periazhvar did mangalasasanams to narasimhan in his very first prabhandam thiruppallAndu as ?andhiyam pOdhil ariyuruvAgi ariyai azhiththavanai pandhanai teera pallAndu pallAyiraththAndendru pAdudhumE?.

[Blessed were the souls who witnessed the divine sevai of periazhvar on a small yanai vahanam doing mangalAsAsanams to azhagiya singan on top of garudan this year.]

There is no end to adiyen?s anubhavams with parthasarathi/thiruvallikeni but a great fear in adiyen?s mind keeps on asking me to put a stop to writing more and more.  Will not ?evil eyes? fall on my dear parthasarathi? So due to that fear of kandrishti adiyen is concluding for now.  Adiyen?s humble request to all the bhagavatas to do mangalAsAsanams to thiruvallikeni and all emperumans over there including all the azhvars and acharyas under the divine service of the lord in archa roopam.  Adiyen?s fear increases due to the recent disheartening incidents in thirumala.   Thirumalai by itself is considered very sacred by our poorvacharyas ?malaiyE thiruvudambu? swamy emperumAnAr hesitated even to put his feet on the thirumalai though he himself was seshAvataram.  But that divine place is in a very sad state today.  AnanthAzhvan, was a very close disciple of emperumanar who practiced madurakavi bhavam to the maximum extent.  That is why people in his lineage still call themselves as ?madurakavi dasan?.  AnanthAzhvan considered the kainkaryam allotted to him by his acharya as more important even to the bhagavat sevai.  He considered even the ants in thirumalai to be some nithya soori. Kulasekara perumal wanted a birth atleast as a step in thirumalai ?padiyAi kidandhu vun pavalavAi kAnbEnE? ?emperumAN pon malai mEl edEnum AvEnE? We even today call the divine step near the emperuman sannadhi only as ?kulasekaran padi? Amidst all these greatness how come such atrocities are going on in thirumalai? How are we Srivaishnavas still keeping quiet taking care of just our personal needs?  Will we keep quiet if our father is in danger, if his place is blasted with bombs? Unfortunate vandalism has struck that divine place held so close to the hearts of azhvars and acharyas.  In thiruvaimozhi, azhvar choose only thirumalai padhigam to deliver the dvayArtham to all (?ozhivil kAlamellam? and ?vulagamunda peruvAyA?).  The same thiruvenkatamudaiyan came down to thiruvallikeni as venkata Krishnan to explain the charama slokArtham to one and all not just by words but also with his divine darshan (his thirumeni talks the divine rahasyam).  Emperuman came down for all our welfare but hope the virus of scandalling of emperuman?s property doesn?t descend not only to thiruvallikeni but also to any other divya desam.

Let us all join together and sing mangalAsAsanam especially to thirumalai/thiruvenkatamudaiyan (undergoing such pain today), thiruvallikeni/Parthasarathi and to all the emperumans at all the divya desams.  May the lords stay amidst the crowd of devotees who love and care for the lord.  May commercialization and selfishness not enter the divya desams and Srivaishna community and spoil the divine atmosphere.

Azhvargal vAzhi arulicheyal vAzhi

ThAzhvAdumil kuravar thAm vAzhi

EzhpArum vuyya avargal vuraiththavaigal thAm

Vazhi seyya marai thannudanE sErindhu

SriyakkAnthAya kalyAna nidhanE nidhayErthinAm

SrivEnkata nivAsAya srinivAsAya mangalam

BrindAranya nivAsAya balarAmAnujAyacha

Rukmini prAnanAdhAya pArthasoodhAya mangalam

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here