You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00031 Aug 2004

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.05 / ISSUE # 25 dated 3rd  August 2004
EDITORIAL:

As already informed, I will be moving to Cleveland, Ohio on 5th August 2004
(Thursday) and stay there till further intimation.

Bhaagavatas in and around or passing through Cleveland who wish to meet with
me may do so at the following address:
C/O Smt. Viji Vijayaraghavan
4260 Marquette Blvd, N. Olmsted, OH 44070
Phone (440) 734-0571
VISIT TO PITTSBURGH VENKATESWARA TEMPLE ON 7TH AUGUST 2004 (around noon)

Bhaagavatas in and around or passing through Pittsburgh on that day who wish
to meet with me may do so at the temple. They may contact Sri Parthasarathy
Iyengar Swami, Manager or Sri Upaadhyaayam Srinivasan Swami (Priest) for any
assistance in this regard.
VISIT TO AURORA BALAJI TEMPLE, CHICAGO ON 19th AUGUST 2004.

Bhaagavatas in or around or passing through Chicago on that day who wish to
meet with me may do so at the temple premises. Sri N.Krishnamachariar Swami
or Smt. Kalyani Krishnamachari (of Chicago) may be contacted for any
assistance in this regard.
====================================

CONCLUSION OF OUR SERIES ON ?GOTRAS AND PRAVARAS?
With the posting in this Issue, we conclude our series on ?Gotras and
Prarvaras?.  We have dealt with the 7 Rishis whose names we mention in our
Nitya karma AnushTaanams viz., Atri, Brigu, Kutsa, VasishTa, Goutama.
Kaasyapa and Aangeerasa.

Many Bhaagavatas have asked us to post similar details about other Rishis
like Bharadwaja. We will resume the postings on them after a short break. I
request Bhaagavatas to bear with me for this hiatus.
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. Important Days in AvaNi month
2. Upaakarma in TaaraNa year
3. SWAMI NAMMAZHWAR ?Snippets -Part 6
>From Tiruvoimozhi (Anbil Ramaswamy)
4. GOTRAS AND PRAVARAS ? AN OVERVIEW ? PART 28 (CONCLUDED)
THE GLORY OF AANGIRASA GOTRAM ? PART 12 (Anbil Ramaswamy)
5. Desikamrutam
Srimad Rahasya Traya Saram
by Sri Sadagopan Iyengar Swamin, Srikaryam of
Board of Advisory Consultants of SDDS/ SRS
6. FROM MAHABHARATA: ?YAKSHA PRASNAM?
PART 46: PRASNAM 113
By Sri M.K. Ramaswamy Iyengar Swami,
Senior Officer of Government of India.
143 Regular issues have been released, so far besides several Special
Issues) -
- 27 Issues of Vol. 1
- 15 Issues of Vol. 2
- 42 Issues of Vol. 3
- 35 Issues of Vol. 4 &
- 24 Issues of Vol. 5
These issues have been archived for public view at -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/srirangasri
by Sri Diwakar Kannan (diwakark@xxxx)
You may also view the archives at http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia maintained
by Sri Srinivasan Sriram (ajiva_rts@xxxx)

We strongly urge you to kindly peruse the "Regular Issues" archived in the
?Files? Section and view the Contents at ?srsindex.html? (Not the individual
postings allowed for encouraging "Reader participation"). We are sure that
you will be convinced of the quality of the contents.

IF you are satisfied with the quality and contents of ?Sri Ranga Sri?-
Tell your friends to join by sending an email to
Srirangasri-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF NOT: Tell us, as to how we may improve.
Ever at your service

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy,
Editor & Publisher,