You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00052 Aug 2004

AchArya Hrdhayam
pathAm pathu

sUthram 228-18

Having demanded and requested the Almighty not to leave thenceforth, AzhwAr submits further grounds for not leaving him.

GROUNDS PUR FORTH BY AZHWAR-FOR NOT LEAVING HIM:
AzhwAr's Arguments:
.....paRRuk kombu aRRa gadhi kEADu: The Lord is the life supporting system for AzhwAr's soul. A creeper cannot sustain itself without any support. Likewise, the soul of AzhwAr cannot survive without the Lord.
"Avikku vOAr paRruk kombu ninnallAl aRiginRilEan" thiru-voi-mozhi 10-10-3

.....pOravitta perum-pazhi: The Lord having pushed AzhwAr into this world where he was separated from Him, where the Lord qualities was not rampant. Is it not a big blame on YOu? perum-pazhi? Oh! Lord, You took upon You the act of rescuing me. Now this is the state of affairs ?
"em-param sAdhikkal vuRRu, ennaip pOra vittitAyEa' thiru-voi-mozhi 10-10-4;

.....puRam pOnAl varum izhavu: Having done so all along i.e distancing me from YOu, putting in the world of miseries, now You suddenly expect me to do the act of rescuing by myself. What is my position now? The Greatest power -sarvasakthi- has refused to support me. Who else can save me?  Am I capable for any such act?

"nE puRam  pOgal vuRRAl, pinnai yAn yAraik koNdu ethai andhO" thiru-voi-mozhi 10-10-5;

....vuNditta mun thEambu: Who first swooped on my soul and swallowed? Who ignored my lowness and forgot His high position? It is YOu who started all this and do not stop this in-between. Finish off the whole mission as initially envisaged by You" is the plea by AzhwAr.
"enadhu Aviyai, innuyirai, mankku ArAmai, vuNdittAi, ini vuNdu ozhiAi" 10-10-5;

The arguments further continues
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here