You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00080 Aug 2004

agalvadhu O! vidhi inanEA/inamEA

 swAmi nam-AzhwAr has also used the term 'vidhi' in the sense of sin/misfortune. After, kEsavan thamar however, the term -vidhi- is referred to as the Grace of the Lord.

In the 4th thiru-voi-mozhi of the first ten in the second pAsuram AzhwAr expreses that she has to get separated and distance away from Him due to Her accumulation of sins. "Is it because that I am a sinner that I have to get far from You?" is the _expression_.

"en seiyya thAmaraik kaN perumAnArk en thUdhAi,
en seiyyum vuraithak kAl, inakk kuyilgAL nEralirEa,
mun siedha muzhuvinaiyAl thiruvadikkEzh kuRREaval,
mun seiya muylAdhEn, agalvadhu O! vidhi inanEa/inamEa" 1-4-2;

"agalvadhu O! vidhi inanEA"

However, if the final word is taken as inam i.e 'vidhi inam' then this is extended as innam and the meaning as opined by sri piLLaith thiruNaRayiur araiyar is " Having known that I do not have anything positive on my side, is it still your thought to distance myself from You?' Here, the term 'vidhi' is referred as the thought of the Lord Almighty.

Thus,
If the term is taken as vidhi inan= vidhi is sin/pApam.
If the term is taken as vidhi inam=vidhi is the thought of the Lord.

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here