You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00204 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

996. thilakayasi shirO mE shoUripAdhAvani! Thvam
        Bhajasi manasi nithyam BhUmikAm BhavanAKhyAm
        Vachasi cha vaIBhavaI:svaIrvyakthimitTham prayAthA
        Thadhiha pariNatham mE thAdhrusham BhAgaDhEyam

Oh Paaduka of the Lord! You sit on my head, even as an ornament to
be cherished. You are in my heart, by my constant meditation,
through which I envision You. You havenow established a contact with
my tongue through this work in Your praise. I have thus secured a
great privilege to hover around You in all three ways-physical,
mental or verbal.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 996

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Oh Lord's PaadhukE! You adorn my
head. You are forever enshrined in my heart. You sanctify my speech
with recitation of Your glories. You are thus worshipped by me at
the three levels: Bodily ( KaayikA ), mental ( Maanasa) and speech (
VaachikA ). As a  result of this total devotion to You, I have
attained a status here at Srirangam equal to that of BharathA ,
Valmiki and the eternal residents of Srivaikuntam.

2) SrImath Andaban's anubhavam: Here Swamy Desikan celebrates his
good fortune conferred on him by the Padhukais to enjoy them with
his thrikaraNams(Body, mind and speech). This was realized through
the Prapatthi to Your Lord that You motivated. These auspicious
samruddhis resulted from that powerful poorNa prapatthi engineed by
You.

3) Oh Souri PaadhAvani ! You are  adorning my head ( mE sira:
tilakayasi). You achieve a distinct and permanent presence in my
mind (mE manasi nithyam bhAvanAkhyAm bhUmikAm bhajasi). You shine in
my walk through these thousand slOkams celebrating You ( mE vachasi
cha svai: vibhavai: ittham vyakthim prayAthA asi). Thus in the
matter of Yourself , my prapatthi has been fulfilled in a trimodal
way (tath iha mE thAdhrusam bhAgadhEyam pariNatham)...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM