You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00193 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SRI : ||

Hare Krishna.

Dear Bhagavatha Friends,

Sub: Supplying Suitable Food Regularly To Needy Elders.

Adiyen's PraNamams to you all.

I wish to share my thought on a very vital problem faced by very many elders who live alone, esp in cities. There are many people who are unable to prepare food due to old age and physical inability.

They are unable to accept food prepared in hotels ,  mess etc due to obvious reasons like AchAram, unacceptable ingredients, vegetables, preparations etc. It is a miserable state and we can see very many elders struggling due to this problem.

Those who can afford to engage cooks, do not get suitable people and even when they get, they face difficulties like inability to control them, frequent absenting and their suddenly stopping to come to work etc.

It is worthwhile to think of organising preparation of food by suitable cooks and supply the same at the residences of the needy old people, which is acceptable to them.

Our Matams like Ahobila Mutt, Andavan Ashram, Vanamamalai Matam, Embar Mutt, Sankara Matams etc are doing great service to the community by constructing Marriage Halls, palces for stay in Divya Desams,and for performing Apara Karyam and Thiruvadhyanam etc.

Likewise the Mutts can seriously consider commencing the services under able guidance and supervision of service oriented men & women, the matter of preparing regular food and supplying to the needy people at their residences against payment.

The elders will be very happy & thankful and  will be extremely benefitted by this service, as otherwise they are forced to practically starve.Also food prepared by such sources will be readily acceptable to the elders.Besides such institutions hv the resources to embark on the service , like men, money, place etc.

 The children of these elders will also be greatly relieved of the problem and will in turn be obliged to lend their financial support also.

Even interested individuals or group of people who are willing to render this noble service with love & care can think of starting this service of providing food to needy elders on a regular basis.

This will be a very noble and excellent service to our community and the needy seniors will be much obliged if such a service  of providing acceptable food  is made available.

The population of such seniors is fast increasing and it is time for us to find a suitable solution to help those who very much need the same.

With regards, I am placing this matter for consideration of all concerned, on behalf of many suffering elders

Dasan,

Kombur Vankeepuram Madhavan.

 Please Help The Needy as it is Service To God.

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia