You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00240 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Srimathi Krishnamachary:
Please accept my wife's and my deepest heartfelt sympathies to you
and to your children on Sri Krishnamachary's passing away.
We are sure he has reached PerumaaL's  Thiruvadi.

You may not remember me. adiyen had visited DevarIr's gruham a few
years back when you sponsored Sri Paadukaa Araadhanam conducted
by Sri Ramanuja Mission. The manner in which both of you took care of
the bhagavathaas including me was splendid, still in my mind and teached
adiyen how to be a good host.

adiyen met Sri Krishnamachary last year when he along with the ghoshti
came to Sri Ranganatha temple for Brahmotsavam(I think so, may be it was
some other occassion). On the penultimate day of the Brahmotsavam, I found
a gentleman who took the lead in reciting Prabhandham and since I (thought)
I do not know him, there was question in my mind 'Who is this?'. He took
the lead, was good and in a few verses he showed his knolwedge. After the
chanting and other ceremonies were over, I had chance to ask the ghoshti about
the genteleman, who was none other than Sri Krsihnamachary. I went and talked to
him at that time and told him apologetically I did not recognise him. He was gracious
enough to accept my pranaams.

I hope your desire to publish his Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam explanations
as a book bears fruit. Many more would be benefitted by it as I have been.(I would
be lying if I say I have read all his postings on it, but refer to it whenever I have doubt.
It is a treatise.)

With regards,
adiyen
Lakshmana dasan