From: "Sumithra Varadarajan" <Sumivaradan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <vanamamalai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:02 AM
Subject: [Oppiliappan] Sri Vishnuchitta kulanandana kalpavalli (Part-31)

> Our Sri Ramanuja siddhAntham strongly believes in “mithuna sEshatvam” (all
> jeevatmas are servants to the divine couples).  What is the main role of
> piratti? She does purushakaram (talks in favour of the poor soul and
> lessens  the anger of emperuman, thereby overcoming his svathantriyam
> (independence)  and making him accept the jeevatma into his divine feet.)

adiyEn's  coments on the role of PirAtti for the record is :

The 18 points of difference between the two sampradhAyams is well known
( Please refer to Sriman Anbil Ramaswamy's excellent book on "Hinduism
Discovered " for details : Pages 693-706 ) . Some are minor and others
are major . The key difference between both the sampradhAyams based on
Bhagavath RaamAnuja SiddhAntham is the role accorded to PirAtti in
the two sampradhAyams .

The above point of view to limit PirAtti just to Purushakaaram belongs to
one
sampradhAyam .This sampradhAyam holds that PirAtti is a special Muktha
Jeevan  with limited power of PurushakAram . The other sampradhAyam
holds the view that She is equal to the Lord in being an UpAyam
(Means for attaining Moksham) and UpEyam (Goal) beyond her
accepted role as PurushakAra Bhoothai . She displays "yEkasEshithvam "
and is infinite like the Lord Himself . As Dhivya Dampathis , they act in
unison
and there is no duality among Them . She is not a JeevAthmA but a ParamAthma
as much as Her Lord .

The purpose of my observation is to note these striking differences
and that each one should follow their sampradhAyam , while being sensitive
to the other SampradhAyam . At Oppiliappan List , which has a different role
than SaraNAgathy list , we will let the readers be guided by their
own SampradhAyam and AchArya Paramparai .

RaamAnuja Daasan , V.Sadagopan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM