You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00129 Jan 2006

Jan 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha

Srimad Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

Paasuram-66

"edamAvadhu ennenjam endrellAm paNdu

  padanAganai nediyamArkku-tidamAga

  vaiyEn madhisoodi tannOdu ayanainAn

  vaiyEn nAn seiyEn valam"

"ennenjaththenninEn" [I thought in my mind] declared azhvar in the previous
paasuram.  Now thirumazhisai piran elaborates the state of perumal and azhvar
himself after that.

(edamAvadhennenjam endrellAm) After I got him in my mind, my heart has now
become his permanent residence.

Where was he earlier?

(paNdu pada nAganai) Earlier he lay on the divine serpant with thousands of
strong heads strengthened due to the constant contact with the divine thirumeni
of the supreme lord.

(endrellAm ennenjam-paNdu padanAganai) sAdhyastalam (the place where the result
has been obtained) - sAdhanAnushtAnastalam (from where we do various activities
to attain the ultimate result)  This is a very secret meaning in our
srivaishnava sampradayam.  While it is obvious for us to do various things to
reach the divine feet of the lord, the lord who is overhasty to reach us does
penance in the thiruparkadal (vyuhAvatara) and on entering the heart of the
jeevatma rejoices to have obtained the ultimate goal.

When even we do not like to stay in a lowly place (lower to our status) just
for few minutes will the lord almighty descend to our lowly heart?

(nediyamArkku) he is the supreme lord, one who rules one and all sarvAdhikan,
sarvEsvaran.  Since he is the master due to his divine grace he has now
descended to azhvar's heart.

What did azhvar do?

I cleaned the place suitable for emperuman to reside, replies azhvar in the
second half.

(tidamAga vaiyEn) I will never consider other devathas to be supreme.  Who are
they?

(madhisoodi tannOdu ayanai) Rudra saved chandra from danger and hence considers
himself to be the protector of all (sarvarakshagan).  Brahma considers himself
to be great since he appeared suddenly from the divine naval of sriman
narayanan.  But I will never consider them to be supreme.

(nAn vaiyEn)  My mind is now clear of any doubts.  I have been now blessed with
the intelligence and knowledge to differentiate between the fact and unreality.

Vai-sharp (sharpness of mind)

(vaiyEn AtseiyEn) Due to my strong understanding I will never surrender to the
brahma rudras.

"pradhibuddA na sEvantE" (bharata-moksha-116) [sharp minded will never
surrender]

(valam) All these have resulted due to the strength obtained due to the krupa
(divine grace) of emperuman.

(To Be Continued)

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM