You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00131 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

 SrI:

 Dear All :

 We are grateful to Sriman MaadhavakkaNNan's outpurings
on AchArya Vaibhavam .

 In the posting 52 , Sri MK referred to Ashta Naayakis
 and highlighted " Swaadheenapathika Naayaki "and defined
 Her LakshaNams as Veda MaathA .

 Some of you might wonder as to who the other 7 Naayakis are
 as defined in Naatya Saasthram of Bharatha Muni . Here they are
 and some of them have links to ParAnkusa Naayaki , ParakAla
 Naayaki and Venkata Naayaki :

 1. Vaasaka Sajjikaa : A Naayaki that decorates herself as well as
 her relatives and is ready to greet her Naayakan .

 2. VirhOthkhaNtithaa: One who has been overcome by seperation
 or neglect by her Naayakan ( The moving NaachiyAr Thirumozhi
 Paasurams , Swamy NammAzhwAr's ( ParAnkusa Naayaki's) ,
 Thirumangai Mannan's ( ParakAla Naayaki's ThiruppullANi
 Pasurams , MadalkaL) , Achyutha Sathakam of Venkata Naayaki ,
 VaasanthikA PariNaya slOkams describe this Naayaki's sufferings.
 This is Vipra Lambha SrungAram .

 3. Vipra labdhaa : Nayaki , who has been cheated and let down by
 the Naayakan . Some of the KshEthraj~nA's Padhams fall  in this
 category .

 4. KanDithaa: Nayaki : She chastises the Naayakan , who is not
 faithful . The Mattaydi Uthsavam at Srirangam instrcuts us
 about this Naayaki .

 5. KalahAntharikaa Naayaki : The Naayaki who is seperated from her Lord
 and grieves in solitarness . Swamy NammAzhwAr's and ANDAL's
 NachiyAr Thirumozhi Paasurams .

 6. AbisArika : One who travels boldly to her Naayakan's house in
 the middle of the night all alone, unmindful of people talking about
 her conduct . Swamy NammAzhwAr's Tholaivillimangalam Pasurams
 and others as ParAnkusa Naayaki .

 7. PrOkshitha Bharthrikaa : A Nayaki who suffers from the seperation
 from the Naayakan , who has gone on a business jaunt leaving her behind.

 All of thes 8 including SvAdheena PanthrikA are based on SrungAra Rasam .

 Naayakis are also classified as Utthama , Madhyama and adhama Naayakis.
 Naayakis of dhivya prabhandham are UtthamOtthama Naayakis pining
 for samslEsham ( union) with their Lord , the ultimate Purushan .

 Yet another classification is Mugdhaa ( very young girl) , Madhyamaa( 25
 years
 age) and PrakalpA ( Over 40 years old) .

 NamO Sri NaarAyaNAya ,
 V.Sadagopan