You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00164 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar <katandethiandavaneluperan@xxxxxxxxx >
Date: 23-Jan-2007 21:17
Subject: Javagal Sridhara
To: enthralling-archa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SrI:

Dear SrIvaishnavas,

http://www.pbase.com/svami/javagal

As already informed we our Kshetradanam of Hassan Dist Temples, on 14th
January as planned at 7 Am . We proceeded to Shanthigrama . By the time
we reached Shanthigrama it was 12.45Pm ( Unusualy late). We had beautiful
seva of Nrusimhan and Keshava. Then since it became late we had to
reschedule the plan . So we proceeded to Haranahalli . which is 25 Kms from
Shanthi Grama, A beautiful Keshava Templeis there, But unfortunately the
Bhattar had gone to Tiptur. From there we proceeded to Javagal. Here
also it is Thirukootachala Temple, Then Main deity is Sridhara, and upa
devathas are Lakshmi Narasimha and Venugopala.

The Sridhara Perumal temple, which belongs to the latter part of the 13th
century, is a three-cell structure standing on a terrace; the main call
houses the Sridhara'simage, although the temple is called after Lakshmi
Narashima (whose image is to the left of Sridhara, and the other cell having
the image of Gopala). There is a common center hall and porch. The walls of
the temple are adorned with more than one hundred and thirty large
figure-sculptures. There is also a smaller shrine where the 12 Alvar saints
of the our sampradaya are worshipped.

Detailed sthala Purana will be hosted in your website
www.karnatakavaishnavatemples.net
< http://www.karnatakavaishnavatemples.net/> .

The route map for Javagal visit.

Bangalore to Nelamangala, then Belur cross, Chanrayapatna, Then
Shanthigrama, Beutiful Sowmiya Keshava and Sri Lakshmi Vardha Yoga Bhoga
Narasimha Temple is there.

Then instead of taking Hassan Main road, please take the road which goes
from theNarasimhaTemple, Travel till Dudda an then from there to
Haranahalli, Visit Keshava Temple ( The distance between Shanthigrama and
Haranahalli is 25Kms. ) then Ask for Javagal Road , then travel another 15
Kms you willreach Javagal. This ol temple is in in Hoysala Style.

Javagal has produced many illustrious Persons, Like Sri Javagal Srinath ace
cricketer and I understand Capt. Gopinath CMD of Deccan Airways  has some
connection with Javagal.
( he has done a revolution in low cost airlines and he has connected the
Bagalore with all small towns
of India, ) Even though Capt. Gopinath Hails from Gorur,

the link for Gorur Temple is

http://www.karnatakavaishnavatemples.net/Hassan/Gorur.htm

(Incidently Capt. Gopinath is a distant relative of my Wife).

The contact detials for Javagal is asuner.

Sri G C Narayanaswamy,
Archakar of Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Temple
Tel: 9448894575

or another responsilble person who is very helpful is

J S Narasimhaswamy
Press Reporter and Panchayath Member
Javagal
Pin:573125
Tel:08174 - 94487 07181

Please enjoy the picture of Sri Sridhara Perumal, Lakshmi Narasimha and
Venugopala.

Tommarrow i will continue my journey to Belavadi in Chikamangalur Dist.

Dasan

Sridhar

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: