You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00064 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

The bhakti that was indicated earlier was not just
mere ordinary love, adoration, friendship etc. for
the Lord. It is the incessant, uninterrupted
meditation and contemplation on You and You alone. It
has to come out of preethi (love) for You ? which is
what I prayed to You as bhakti.

iranthuraippa thuNduvaazhi
  Eman^eer_thi Raththamaa,
varar_tharumthi rukkuRippil
  vaiththathaakil mannuseer,
paranthasinthai yonRin^inRu
  ninnapaatha pankayam,
nirantharamn^i Nnaippathaaka
  neen^inaikka vENdumE.     (101)

Oh SwamI! Golden hued, dark blue ocean hued Lord! Live
for Long years (vaazhi). There is one thing I need to
pray for and plead You. If ever devareer (You) think
of granting some good due to Your mercy and grace for
me (adiyEn), all that I ask for is this: Please will
(sankalpam) to place this mind of mine ? (that spreads
and goes everywhere without control) ? at the lotus
feet of Yours and think of the divine Pair
uninterruptedly at all times.

One can even get the love for the Lord easily. But it
is extremely difficult to think of Him
uninterruptedly. That is surely not easily. That?s why
AzhwAr starts with lot of prelude and preface. If ever
You wish to grant with your ThiruvuLLam to me, then
all that I ask for is this: ---- Also first AzhwAr
greets Him with pallaandu to live long. Thus, the
fruits that Yiu grant also would live as long as You
and I will be with You as long as You live ? thinking
of You and at Your Feet.

Golden hued and Ocean blue hued- Thus the Lord?s
divine form is the mixture of both these colours (as
mentioned earlier in his verses)

You need to have the sankalpam (will) that this guy
needs to think of Me always and his mind should always
be on my feet uninterruptedly. Withoiut Your
sankalpam, I can not achieve anything. Hence whether
it is bhakti yoga, or Prapatti performance for
attaining mOksham, all is due to His Sankalpam. Thus
He is the mUlam ? SiddhOpAyam- ever ready.
The Supreme Paramaathman, who by His own nature knows
everything directly; and always witnesses all entities
directly is an ocean of infinite compassion, and is
capable of accomplishing all things that he wills. He
together with goddess Mahalakshmi is the protector of
this Universe and the redeemer of humanity. He is the
self realized means of protection, and He takes upon
himself the burden of protection of those who entrust
Him with that burden of protection.

Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://mail.yahoo.com