You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00068 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sir,

I would try to reflect on ur first question.

Suklam Bharadaram refers to Lord Vishnu only. It is
NOT to Ganesha as no where his name is mentioned in
the firts Stanza...We, combined it with Agaza... and
attributed to Ganesha..Request learned members to
throw more light...

Jayakrishna.
--- nana_mur@xxxxxxxxx <nana_mur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> I need some clarifications on this. So I have just
listed out what I thougt. If I am wrong someone please
give me more explanation and please excuse me.
> If Lord Vishwaksena is replacing Lord Ganesha then
why are we performing Ganapthi Pooja before any
important pooja or even take Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam.
It has got Shukalam Bharadram as its first stanza.
> Also from you note down if we should not consume
prasadam from a Lord Shiva Shrine then Lord Sri Rama &
Lord Shri Krishna himself worshipped Lord Shiva. So
where does this stand. The Lord himself built a Temple
for Lord Shiva and has accquired his blessings.

> "However there is nothing wrong in acknowledging the
presence of  a Ganesh deity if seen in passing-  as
prapannas we can only respect Ganesh as an exlated
soul subservient to Bhagavan but not equal to Him.This
concept - we need to keep at the forefront of out
thoughts whenever we see other devatas also - like
Kartikeya,Siva,etc.We are not required to offer
pujas,etc to them , wear the basmam or consume the
prasadam from such a shrine."

<hareshb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <gnagraj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: response to question on Sri Ganesha on Sri
Ranga Sri

> sri:srimate ramanujaya namah:srimate vendanta gurave
namah:srimate rangapriya mahadesikaya namah:Dear Sri
Nagaraj,Let me attempt to answer your question as best
as I can :Vishwaksena is the alter-ego of Narayana.He
is the commander in chief of Vishnu's army.Of moonlike
complexion,he is four armed and is the destroyer of
all difficulties( or obstacles).Sri Vaishnavas worship
Vishwaksena in place of Lord Ganesha or
Kartikeya.There are many elephant headed and horse
headed soldiers with 'Sri Vishwaksena', who is the
supreme controller of Paramapadam, the divine abode of
Lord Vishnu. All these elephant headed soldiers, it is
said, are having two tusks according to Panchara:thra
Agama scriptures. It is also mentioned  that there are
several hundreds of such Gajananas in the battallions
of Sri Vishwaksena.Contrary to a  " Thumbikai Azhwar "
( Ganesh with Thiruman but carrying paasam and
angusam) created by some modern day temple managers ,
Vishwaksena bears all the similar lakshanams to
>  Mahavishnu such as a " human form" with four arms
bearing the shankha and chakra along with  a staff
.The shloka describing his Thirumeni or divine form is
: vishwakse:nam sakala vibudha prowdda sainya:dhi
na:dhammudra: chakre: karathala yuge: sankha dande:
dadha:nam |me:gha sya:mam sumani makutam
pi:thavasthram subha:ngamdhya:ye:th de:vam dalitha
danujam su:thravathya: same:tham ||In both Vaikanasa
Agama and Pancharatra Agama, Vishwaksena is accorded
the first place in worship as the one who drives the
negative forces away before the commencement of an
auspicious event.It is also interesting to note that
the Vaikanasa Sutras do speak of a " Dwara Ganapati"
that is to be installed along with Nagaraja ( the form
of a 5 hooded serpent with the image of nardhana
krishna superimposed on it ) at the entrance of the
Rajagopuram.This Ganapati is having the same form of
Parvati Putra - however the representation of Dwara
Ganapati serves a role similar to that of a kaval
devathai ( similar
>  to a security guard at the lobby of  governement
buidling) and this Ganapati's position does not
supercede that of Vishwaksena - who will still have
his shrine in the place where we would expect to find
one of Ganesh in a Siva temple.Therefore in place of
Ganesh all Sri Vaishnavas will worship Vishwaksena
only.Vishwaksena  is also one of the acharyas in our
Acharya Parampara - the third acharya starting from
Srimannarayana.This also makes Vishwaksena special to
all Sri Vaishnavas.He not only removes obstacles in
our material path but also in spirit
=== Message Truncated ===

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM