You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00076 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

How can I Bless You to think of Me uninterruptedly?
How is that possible? The diseases (karmic) associated
with your body need to be there based on your karma
and are sure to be hurdles for the contemplation on
Me- Tells the Lord. If that?s the case, please bless
me with Your unbounded Grace to destroy those diseases
as well.

viLvilaatha kaathalaal
  viLankupaatha pOthilvaiththu,
uLLuvEna thoonan^Oyo
  zhikkumaathe zhikkun^eer,
paLLimaaya panRiyaaya
  venRiveera, kunRinaal
thuLLun^eerva rampuseytha
  thOnRalonRu sollidE.     (102)

Oh Most wonderful Lord! The One who reclines and has
Yoga nithrA on the roaring Ocean! The Valorous One who
took Huge Boar avathAram! The PurushOtthaman who built
the bridge across the deep ocean! Mighty King! Please
bless me the way to chase and drive away all the
diseases associated with this sareera (due to the past
karmas committed by me) from me- who is blessed to
perform uninterrupted dhyAnam at this moment on Your
most beautiful divine Lotus Feet- which are the most
sweetest for me (ParamabhOgyam)

As long as this body is there, there will be diseases
associated with that due to various karmas committed
by me and hence please destroy this body- is not the
appropriate commentary of AzhwAr?s mind. It is most
appropriate to say that AzhwAr prays to the Lord for
removing and chasing away all the diseases alone from
his body so that he can use the body parts and the
mind to praise Him, prostrate at His feet and think of
His Lotus feet.  If he does that automatically the
diseases will get burnt.

AndAl also says: thoomalar thoovin thozhudhu vaayinaal
paadi manatthinaal sindhikka, pOya pizhaiyum
pugutharuvaan ninRanavum theeyinaal dhoosaagum..

By going to Him with pure heart (thooyOmaay vandhu)
THOO MALAR THOOVI THOZHUDU, VAAYINAAL PAADI,
MANATHINAAL SINDHIKKA Worship by body, Speech and Mind
(Mano, Vak, Kaayam) [BhUmAdEvi was submerged in the
ocean by an asura called Hiranyaksha. Lord Sriman
nArAyana took the incarnation of a big boar (varAha
avtaaram) and went
into The ocean to uplift up BhUmAdevi. She was lifted
up and made sit in the lap of the Lord. Still
bhUmAdEvi was shivering. When the Lord asked her for
the reason. She replied politely :" Oh! my nAthA! You
have protected me. But still our children in the
samsArA are helpless and suffering. They cannot
practice the uninterrupted meditation in Bhakti yoga
as preached by you in the vedas with their limited
knowledge. So you must be kind enough to show them a
simpler way to reach you" The Lord understood the
affection of bhUmAdEvi towards her children and gave a
fitting reply: The simplest way to reach me is in
stable state of mind, [with all three organs of senses
(karanam) viz. manas, vAk and kAyam (speech, action
and thought)]-surrender
to Me.

Think only about him, act only for pUja [ArAdhana] to
Him, and speak only in praise of Him. Immediately
bhUmi piratti grasped this easy means of Saranagathi
to reach the Lord and thought it fit to be preached to
us in this samsAra. Thus came ThiruppAvai and this
line in particular.

Also remember PeriyAzhwAr pAsuram: neykudatthai..
here. [PTM- 5.2.1]

Oh diseases! Who travel towards and enter into this
body like the row of ants holding the pot of Ghee! Go
out of this body and save yourself! (If you stay here
any longer, you can survive). The Lord of Vedas (Veda
piraanaar) along with Periya Piraatti, resides here in
my heart cave and has reclined on the large AdhisEshan
(meaning, He will not go; He is here to stay).
Hereafter, no more old status (of your- diseases-
staying in this body)); this Lord?s place (pattinan
kaappE) is well protected.

Thus when the Lord is there, automatically the
diseases have to vacate their places.

Thirumazhisai Piraan thiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail