You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00096 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

True .
 I feel that our philosophy is strongly built on the foundation that Lord sriman nArAyaNA is the  Lord and all others are soul encompassing Him -sarEra sarEri.

Hence, though other devotees may be in the list, I think  when we talk about our theology, we have to be crystal clear in this regard and no question of dilution. Of course, there is no intention of offending others. At the same time, there should be no compromise on our principles on this ground.

I would like to quote thirumazhsai AzwAr 's pAsuram in this regard

" kallAdhavar ilangai kattazhitha, kAguthan allAl oru dheivan yAnilEan,
pollAdha dhEvaraith dhEvarallArai, thiruvillAth dhEvarai thErEan min dhEvu" nAn mugan thiruvandhAdhi 53.

Everybody knows that there are innumerable pAsuram-s which again and again reiterate the indispensable of surrendering us unto Him and unto Him alone.  Hence, without attracting the question of offending others, we have to reiterate the basic postulate of our philosophy as shown by AzhwAr-s.

( to be continued)
rAmAnuja dhAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan