You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00141 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear SrI Venkat Kanumalla:

Thanks for the update on the fund raising for the Vigraha
PrathistA of Prakrutham SrImath Azhagiya Singar at
the SrI RanganAtha Temple of Pomona ,  NY  after
recieving HH SrImath Azhagiya Singar's express approval
and blessings .

He is the 8th Azhagiya Singar to have chosen the dhivya Naama of
SrI NaarAyaNa Yathindhra MahA Desikan in the Ahobila Matam
Paramparai of AchAryAs . He is then the embodiment of
the Siddhi of AshtAkshara Manthram The other Azhagiya Singars
with Sriman NaarAyaNA's nAmAngitham are :

1.  2nd Pattam Azhagiya Singar (1458-1473 C.E )
2.  9th Pattam ( 1538-1542 C.E)
3.  12th Pattam ( 1598-1632 C.E)
4.  14th Pattam ( 1676-1686 C.E)
5.   18th Pattam ( 1734-1735 C.E )
6.   22nd Pattam ( 1758-1758 C.E)
7.   31st  Pattam ( 1842-1847 C.E)
8.   45th Pattam ( 1992- Now )

For 150 years after the 31st Pattam Azhagiya Singar
ascended the throne of Ahobila Matam , the current
Jeeyar ascended the throne and chose the name of
SrI NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA Desikan .

May our revered 45th Jeeyar continue to bless us
and guide us in all our endeavours for years and years !

In view of the Prakrutham Azhagiya Singar being
the 8th Azhagiya Singar wiht the chosen name of
SrI NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA Desikan , adiyEn would like
to pledge 8x 45 $ = $ 360 for the Kaimkaryam as you are racing
towards the half way mark of the needed funds .
He is my srEshtAchAryan , who interceded with
SrI Lakshmi Nrusimhan regarding my Aathma SamarpaNam .

He brings the mighty MalOlan with ease to the houses of bhakthAs
and enables them to have the darsana soubhAgyam of the Lord's
Thiruvadis and the performance of AarAdhanam for Him in
the spirit of Swamy  Desikan's observations in the 950th slOkam :

" CharaNou SathAm  chathvarEshu disasi " ( Oh PaadhukE !
You bless the BhakthAs to have the soubhAgyam of recieving
the Lord inside their houses ) .

SrImath Azhagiya Singar does just that as He travels
on His sanchArams with MalOlan from one corenr of
the country to the other .

Our revered AchAryan's UpakAram is matchless . His AchAram ,
anushtAnam and Vidhwath are legendary . His Management skills
will make many a CEO blush .

One AchArya of SrImath Srirangam Andavan Paramparai referred to
the many  attributes of a SadachAryan in the context of
his Commentary on the 950th Sri RanganAtha Paadhuka Sahasra
SlOkam . This is the last slOkam of Chithra Paddhathi.
adiyEn will quote from there 32 points to illustrate how these
attributes fit brilliantly  in the case of our revered AchAryan :

1. Sarva LOka Maanyathvam ( celebrated by all the worlds ) .
Uthkrushta Janai: archaneeyathvam( Fitness to be worshipped
by great souls )

2. Sarva-KalAnuguNa SarvAdhikari yOgya Sarva-phala pradha
sukara srEshtOpAya PrakAsakthvam ( Power to glorify the most
illustrious UpAyam of Prapatthi as practisable by all adhikAris
and to gives all fruits by its observance and as being  appropriate
for all times ) .

3. AchArya Vaak-pradhAna anugraha seelathvam
( The noble quality (Souseelyam) of showering those
who seek His refuge  with the anugraham of Abhya
Vaak PradhAnam ).

4. Uthkrushta srEyas Saadhanathvam : power to land
the superior status as MukthA for those , who seek refuge
so that they can serve the Lord in His Supreme abode
of SrI Vaikuntam .

5. Anantha klEsApahathvam: Power to remove  all fears & worries
of those , who seek His refuge .

6. Anthima smruthi yOgyathvam

7. Sarva PrAyascchitha roopathvam ( Being the embodiment of
all PrAyascchitthams) .

8. Bhagavath anroopa avathArathvam ( Incarnating in
a form that follows the form and will of the Lord) .

9. Bhagavath RakshaNa sahakArithvam ( assisting
the SaraNAgathAs for protection by the Lord ) .

10. Aasritha Paalanathvam( protecting those , who seek His
refuge).

11. SanchAra SaamarTyathvam ( Skills to undertake all
types of SanchAram commanded by MalOlan ).

12. Saasthra Pravartakathvam ( Skills to propagate
Bhagavath Saasthrams )

13. lOkAnugraha-kara utthama seelathvam
( Utthama GuNams to bless the people of the world).

14. Bhagavath sadhrusa GuNathvam ( Having attributes
similar to the Lord Himself).

15. KrupA Roopathvam ( Embodiment of DayA ).

16. Sanchitha  PrArabdha  sakala karma nAsakthvam
( ability to destroy all kinds of KarmAs).

17. Aasritha agha nAsathvam (Power to destroy
the sins of all those , who seek refuge ).

18. Paapa rahithathvam ( Being without any sins) .

19. anivarchaneeya PurushakAra SamarTathvam
 Indescribale power to intercede with the Lord on
 our behalf).

20. lOka rakshaNArTam Sathatha BhagavadhAsrayaNathvam
( Power to seek the refuge of the Lord at all times to protect
the world ).

21. dharma sookshma Jn~Anathvam ( Skills
to understand and interpret subtle meanings of
Dharmams).

22. vEdhArTa Tatthvaj~nthavm

23. Bhagavath PrErakthvam ( Power to call
the Lord on behalf of aasrithAs ).

24. RakshaNa Svatanthrathvam

25. MahA viswasa yOgyathvam

26. Jaya seelathvam

27. aparimitha tEjOvathvam

28. Punar-janana bhaya vimOchakathvam

29. Paavanathvam

30. Svanishtathvam

31. tamO naasakathvam

32. ParadEvathA vishaya nishkrushta Jn~Anavathvam
( Clear Jn~Anam about the Supreme nature of
SrIman NaarAyaNan as one with equal or superior ).

SrI NaarAyaNa YathIndhra MahA DesikAya Nama:

Daasan , Oppiliappan KOil VaradachAri Sadagopan