You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00162 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SrI Srinivasan :

TheslOkam that you have quoted is the 39th slOkam of
SrI MUkuntha Maala attributed to  KulasEkara AzhwAr .

I have translated and commented on the meanings of each of the slOkAs
including this beautiful one  , where AzhwAr invokes before His mind's eye
the picture of KsheerAbhdhi Naathan resting on AadhisEsha at the Milky
ocean and the waves of milk splashing gently  against His body and breaking up
as shiny white starlets . For a full translation , please access the Mukundha Maala
Link at :

http://home.comcast.net/~surfings

where you will find this and other sthOthrams .This is the home page of
SrIman Krishnaswamy of California .

V.Sadagopan