You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00165 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Thanks Sri Sadagopan swami for the explanation and the link to the
full Mukunda mala.

Regards
Adiyen
Venkatesan

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear SrI Srinivasan :
>
> TheslOkam that you have quoted is the 39th slOkam of
> SrI MUkuntha Maala attributed to  KulasEkara AzhwAr .
>
> I have translated and commented on the meanings of each of the
slOkAs
> including this beautiful one  , where AzhwAr invokes before His
mind's eye
> the picture of KsheerAbhdhi Naathan resting on AadhisEsha at the
Milky

ramanujamission@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2004 11:11 PM
>   Subject: [Oppiliappan] Sloka meaning requested
>

>   The following sloka is recited at bed time. I humbly request
learned bhagavatas to explain the meaning.

>   ||Ksheera sagara tharanga seegara sara dharahitha charumoorthaye
bogi bhoga sayaneeya sayane madhavaya madvid dvishe namaha||

>   Adiyen,
>
>   Venkatesan Srinivasan

>   Vote for the stars of Yahoo!'s next ad campaign!
>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM