You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00297 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

The 120th paasuram [the last one] is a great
celebration over AzhwAr's
parama BhAgyam of attaining Moksha Siddhi due to the
grace of Sri RanganAthan.
AzhwAr declares that it is His unbounded grace which
is pradhAnam and it is because of the Lord, AzhwAr is
blessed with the enjoyment of His divine Charm and
glories.

iyakkaRaatha palpiRappi
  lennaimaaRRi yinRuvanthu,
uyakkoLmEka vaNNann^aNNi
  yennilaaya thannuLE,
mayakkinaanRan mannusOthi
  yaathalaalen Nnaavithaan,
iyakkelaama RuththaRaatha
  viNnpaveedu peRRathE.    (120)

The Blue hued divinely beautiful Lord Thiruvarangan
(SrI RanganAthan) who has now blessed the jeevan with
salvation, who is known for His leelA for Jeevan¡¦s
suffering due to jeevan¡¦s karma and also for His
grace for jeevan¡¦s redemption, had given me [earlier]
repeated various kinds of births in different bodies.
Now He ¡V the Lord of arangam] has lured, attracted
and charmed me completely with ajnAtha sukrutham and
has entered into my heart cave. He has enchanted me
and enticed me with His most gorgeous form of His
dhivya mangaLa vigraham which is always the object of
dhyAnam [meditation] of Sages. Thorugh this most
merciful and benevolent act of His, all roots of the
incorrigible karmic diseases, suffering, samsaaric
affliction of this adiyEn- lowliest soul (naayinEn)
are removed and fully plucked out in their entirety
and thereby this AthmA (Jeevan) now is blessed with
the limitless most enjoyable, Bliss of Moksham which
is granted by Him and which is hereafter never to
perish

>From here on the ishta prApthi of nithya kaimkaryam
and anishta nivrutthi [freedom from punar aavrutthi]
are guaranteed to me. Blessed
indeed am I!

He entered into my HrudhayAkAsam ¡V cave of the heart
(Daharam
PuNdarIkam vEsma dhaharO(s)man anathrAkASa:) For the
Lord, the heart is the palace. Not only does He
manifest in me and in my heart, my soul with His
Dhivya Atham swaroopam (of being vibhu); He also lures
me with his divine ThirumEni (divine Body) here in
Srirangam in order to entice me. This form is the form
contemplated by Yogis and Rishis.
antharjyOthi kimpai yaminaam ¡V says Swamy Desikan.
Yogis who see Him in the heart, can now see Him
outside as well in Sannidhi (Sanctum Sanctorum).
antharjyOthi- oh what to say! That which can be
envisoned by Yogis in mind is directly seen and
enjoyed by us with naked eye here in the shrine in
Srirangam! What a compassion of His!

What is the speciality here for this AzhwAr? He
ensured that no other would notice that He (the
ultimate wealth- mahaanidhi- vaittha maanidhi) is
inside the heart cave of AzhwAr and be not exposed and
visible for everyone to see. Thus He enchanted me with
His form- says AzhwAr.

Thus AzhwAr rests assured that the Moksham and
Paripoorna BrahmAnubhavam, the eternal service at His
Lotus feet at Paramapdham is certain and there is no
looking back anymore. na cha punaraavartthathE; na cha
punaraavartthathE;

Sri UttamUr Swamy gives a quick summary of all 120
PAsurams (verses):

In this Dhivya prabandham, AzhwAr blesses us with
tattva (entities), hitha (ways) and purushaarthams
(goal) in the first three verses; thereafter the
Lord¡¦s mUrthys (forms), then His Supreme Position of
being the Lordship and be much above even the
Chathurmukha brahmA and Rudra (who are creator and
destroyer respectively as ordained and commanded,
blessed by the Lord); thus to sing in praise of such
Greatest Lord and His divine glories, there is none in
any world to fully comprehend Him and praise Him
completely. And further, AzhwAr enjoys His divine
avathAra vaibhavams one by one staring with even the
minutest avathAram of His is glorious and is grandest
One too; mentioned till the archA avathArams, Hamsa,
Koorma, Narasimha, Vaamana, Rama, Krishna avathArams
and described in great details their wonderful dhivya
chEshtithams, deeds during those avathArams; laments
that AzhwAr was not there during any of such greatest
avathArams when they took place; and finally enjoys
himself in archA mUrthys in Dhivya Desams; started
with Thirumala, mentions Thiruvarangam,
Thurkkudanthai, immersing himself on standing, sitting
and reclining postures of the Lord in those dhivya
desams and being such easily accessible, sarva
sulabhan, sowseelyan, being ever ready to grant rightb
from material fruits upto the final one i.e. the
redemption for all jeevathmas mercifully waiting for
them to turn to Him and perform Self surrender, AzhwAr
looks wondered at the world so grossly engrossed in
worldly pleasures and material pursuits, caught in the
turbulent current of ocean of samsaara; AzhwAr
attempts to advise the people (trapped in samsaaric
affliction) in extensive details to perform either
bhakti or Prapatti for the Lord to get pleased and to
get His sankaplam to save oneself; AzhwAr declares his
firmness on the Lord and his unflinching faith on Him
and but for Him, he would not pray or plead anyone
[demi god] else at all ¡V AzhwAr asserts himself and
announces his determination and ananyagathithvam to
the Lord; AzhwAr enjoy being devoted to Him and
performing the kaimkaryam to His feet for His pleasure
right here in this life and world itself and does not
seek any other pleasure or material benefits here and
there; AzhwAr declares that he would seek redemption
from this birth as it also gives rise to hurdles,
interruptions, potential further births and further
more accrual of sins and many births and hence
analyses to which is the best means to get rid of
further briths; AzhwAr realizes that he had done
bhakti yoga in earlier births and still due to the
limitless births and accrual of paapams over the ages,
has an apprehension that the mOksham may not be
possible right at that birth and may not be the last
birth and hence performs Saranagati with utter
helplessness (akinchanyam) at the feet of Sriman
Narayanan as the Only recourse as mOksham granter
[mOksha pradhan]. AzhwAr prays to Him for saving him
from further births and to prevent him from trapped in
ocean of sins and samsaaric affliction; he prays to
the Lord to cross the ocean with no more briths and to
be in the ultimate enjoyment of the Lord at
Paramapadham uninterruptedly performing eternal
service at His lotus feet; AzhwAr asserts himself and
calms his mind not to worry anymore as the Lord has
vowed to grant the mOksham and declares that it is
certain that he would have a blissful communion with
the Lord hereafter [at the end of this birth].

UtthamUr Swamy sums up the greatness of Thirumazhisai
with a special slOkam :

anargha Bhakthi-bhAvitha Sruthi Smruthi prakrushta
Dhee-
mahishta BHAKTHISAARA SOORI sookthaya: sudurgrahA: |
aThApi bhavyadESika prasakthi darsiThE paThi
SThithO vimUSya sADhvIthi vyadhattha veeraraaghava: ||

Indeed , the Dhivya Sookthis [divine works] of
Thirumazhisai known for his blemishless [faultless]
Bhakthi ¡V unalloyed devotion are incomparable in (1)
rejection of the false doctrines (2) establishing
Sriman NaarAyaNan as the Para Devathai  and (3)
interpreting Tatthva-Hitha-PurushArthams leading to
Moksham in the most lucid
manner.

I have merely reproduced [with all my very limited
understanding of language, subject] and translated the
greatest vyAkhyAnam by Sri UttamuR Swami to the best
of adiyEn¡¦s abilities and if there is any thing
correct or good in them, it is ONLY due to the
majestic prabandhams of AzhwAr, the divinely beautiful
commentary of Acharyas and the lucid explanation of
Abhinava desika Sri UttamUr Swamy. The mistakes,
errors are all only mine. Please forgive adiyEn for
the same.

There are many who have publicly and privately
encouraged adiyEn's trambling due to their abhimaanam
and vaathsalyam on adiyEn and thanks for the same. It
is Acharyan's anugraham and vailakshaNya kataaksham on
this lowliest one...

Thanks very much for your patience. Again, please
forgive me for my indulgence. I would not become wise
and matured to stop doing such bold and daring
ventures inspite of my limitaions and
disqualifications:-)
Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsanu dAsan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail