You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00067 Jul 2007

Jul 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImate Gopala Desika maha Desikaaya nama:

adiyen would like to say a few words about the Brahmotsavam at Sri
Ranganatha temple, Pomina New York.

Everything was done "Saasthrokthamaay".

Live nadhaswaram made us feel as if we were in Srirangam(Bhuloka
Vaikuntam) and not in USA.

Many persons had worked hard with little or no sleep for several days
to make this function a grand success. adiyen is not mentioning any
names because they are too many names. Lot of youngsters knew what is
to be done and along with the priest who had come only few months
back they conducted all the functions well. So many details to be
taken care of. The priest Sri Raghavan who conducted the entire
function was knowledgeable. (How do I know? - the way he conducted
the proceedings with confidence and the 'bhavyam' with which he did
things that made me decide he knows. He always listened to  the
temple authorities and told which way he wanted things done so it is
done correctly).

The announcement to conduct Brahmotsavam came only few days before.
Still bhaghavatas had come from California, Chicago, Maryland,
Virginia, Washington DC, Boston etc, some for a day some for the
entire five days. A Vedic scholar had come from India and this added
to recitation of the vedas at the appropriate time.

adiyen can go on but will stop at this. Hope all of you got an idea
of the Utsavam. Now that SRT has got experience adiyen hopes next
year it will be grander.

adiyen

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: