You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00013 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

 SrI:

Dear BhakthAs:

In the most beautiful 18th slOkam set in Vasanthatilaka meter ,
Swamy Desikan reflects on the collective beauty of
the Thirumukha MaNDalam of Lord DevanAthan and is
overtaken by that unique soundharyam:

BhimBhAdharam vikacha-pankaja-lOchanam tE
lamBhALakam laLitha-kunDala-darsaneeyam
kAntham mukham kanaka kaithaka karNapooram
svAntham vibhUshayathi dEvapathE madheeyam

--SrI DevanAyaka PanchAsath: 18th SlOkam

(Extended Meaning):Oh the Lord of DevAs(Deva pathE)!
When adiyEn takes in the integrated beauty of Your
most beautiful face and reflect on it at the times
when Iam not in front of You , my mind is filled with
the flood of that nectarine beauty . That asAdhaarana
soundharyam of Your face decorates adiyEn's mind ( kAntham
tE mukham madheeyam svAntham vibhUshayathi).

What aspects do I visualize regarding Your beauty-laden face?
Five constituents contributing to that extraordinary
beauty of Your face stand out. Three of them --
BhimBhAdharam , Vikasa Pankaja lOchanam , lambha
aLakam -- are part of Your own dhivya ThirumEni.
The remaining two are aabharaNams presented to You
by Your bhakthAs , which add to the natural beauty
of Your limbs: (1) LaLitha KuNDalams (2) Kanaka
kaithaka karNapooram .

The hue of Your beautiful red lips remind me of
the ripe kovai fruit ( BhimBhAdharam). Your soft
and beautiful eyes with its tinge of red reminds
me of the just-blossomed lotus flower( Vikasa pankaja
lOchanam). Your dark and curly tresses (lamBhALakam)
extend down to Your hip. The two beautiful makara
KuNDalams (laLitha KuNDalam)are radiant with their
own jyOthi to enhance the overall beauty of Your face .
Over the ear region of Your face , symmetrically placed golden
aabharaNams resembling ThAzhampoo( Kanaka kaithaka
karNapooram) are seen . Thus the beauty of Your face
flows like a nectarine flood in my mind and makes it
sanctified and enriched. The unparalleled natural beauty of
Yours joins with the beauty of the aabharaNams presented
by Your bhakthAs and makes my mind a beautiful
abode for that integrated soundharyam .

Additional Observations:
***********************
PerumAL in KurEsar's words is " Thunga MangaLa guNAspadhan"
( the abode of superior and auspicious guNas that bless
the bhakthAs with SrEyas and prEyas ). That wonderous Lord
in archA form at dhivya desams with unmatched glories
(" adhbhutham mahath aseema bhUmakam nisthulam kimchidh
vasthu" )displays not only His own dhivya soundharyam but
also adds beauty to the beautiful aabharanams
used in adorning Him like the makara kuNdalams, golden
sevvippoo in the form of woven Thaazhampoo leaves.
Because of their association with His dhivya Mukham ,
these aabharaNams have attained a special
status of auspiciousness ( " Thvadhgathataya
subheebhUyam yaathA ").

PerumAL's ThirumEni is not created by anyone
( akruthathvatham). The aabharanams like the ear rings
(karna kuNDalam) , svarNa karNapooram and RathnAngi
are made by BhakthAs with great devotion with His
anugraham and thus are "kruthathvatham ". When the akruthathvatham
joins with the kruthathvatham , the combined effect
is multifold and indescribable. That is why we present
Aabharanams to perumAL following the sacred steps of
our AchAryaas. Swamy Desikan acknowledges
in this slOkam that the combination of the two ( the limbs
with the natural beauty of its own constituting the face
of the Lord and the aabharaNams associated with them) serves
as an aabharanam of a unique kind for his mind ( madheeyam
svAntham vibhUshayathi).

SrI DevanAtha Para BrahmaNE nama:
Daasan, Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

There are just 121 days left before the planned samarpaNam
of the RathnAngi for the Lord. Wont You please join in this
kaimkaryam , support it and recieve the paripoorNa anugraham
of Lord DevanAthan and SrI HemAbhja Valli ThAyAr?

Please contact me for details on the ways in which
you can join in this once in a life time Kaimkaryam to
the Lord of ThiruvahIndhrapuram eulogized by Thiriumangai
Mannan , AchArya RaamAnujA , Swamy Desikan ,
and all AchAryAs thereafter.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com