You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00014 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear SrI VaishnavAs:

The celebration of our AchArya Thirunakshathrams is
a hoary tradition for us to show our gratitude to our
AchAryAs for their MahOpakArams in guiding us
from darkness to light.The purpose of this mail is to
announce the plans in place for this weekend
celebration of the Thirunakshathram of HH SrImushNam
SrImad Andavan of PeriyAsramam , SrIrangam
( Sunday, June 8,2003).

SrI RanganAtha Temple of Pomona , NY takes
particular pleasure in celebrating AchArya
Thirunakshathrams in the most traditional
manner with Veda PaarAyaNams , Dhivya Prabahndha
and IthihAsa/ PurANa PaarAyaNams , SthOthra Paatams ,
Bhagavad GitA pravachanam ,VishNu Sahasra Naama PaarAyaNam ,
Paadhuka AarAdhanam , Desika Sahasra Naama recitations and
Periya SaaRRumurai followed by the recitation of
the Taniyans of all VishNavite AchAryAs . All of these
auspicious activities conclude with TadhiyArAdhanam
and anna dhAnam for all sevArthis all day at
the Ranga mantapam .

During Panguni ROhiNi , we enjoyed a grand celebration
of HH SrImad PoundarIkapuram Andavan's Thirunakshthram
this year. Bhagavad RaamAnujA's Thirunakshathram was
celebrated next in a grand manner . Plans are in place
for the celebration of the Thirunakshathram of the Founder
AchArya of our temple : MukkUr SrImad Azhagiya Singar.
The Thirunakshathrams of Swamy Desikan and HH Prakrutham
45th Azhagiya Singar , HH SrImad NaarAyaNa YathIndhra
MahA Desikan will be celebrated in October and December
respectively .There may be a joint celebration for
expressing our salutations to all of the VaishNavite
AchAryAs in September. We are working on that program.

Approximately 50 PaarAyaNakkArALs will assemble
before individual sannidhis on Sunday , June 8
during the occasion of the Thirunakshathram
celebrations of HH SrImad SrImushNam Andavan
of PeriyAsramam to recite various AchArya
SrI Sookthis and Vedam . The program has been
put together by the Religious Committee of SrI RanganAtha
Temple in close consultation with the SishyAs of
HH SrImad SrImushNam Andavan from The Ramanuja Mission ,
USA.

On Sunday , June 8 , there will also be
the performance of the Sudarsana Homam (109th
in the current series of such MahA Homams .
The temple will be alive with all these auspicious
ghOshams in salutation to the dhivya Dampathis
and their AchAryAs . Here is the evolving program .
Please come and join in the different pArAyaNams or
just listen to them and surround yourself
with what is Subham , Sundaram and Mangalam .

Program for Sunday , June 8 , 2003
***********************************

7.30 AM NithyAnusandhAnam at SrI RanganAthar Sannidhi

8.00 A.M --1.00 P.M: SrI RanganAtha PaadhukA Sahasram recitation
in front of Lord RanganAtha and if possible
in front of both Lord RanganAtha and Swamy
NigamAntha MahA Desikan.This ghOshti will be
led by Shri ShyAm SreenivAsan and adiyEn.

8.00 A.M-11.00 A.M: Sudarshana HOmam with Dr. Venkat Kanumalla
as the Chief rthvik.

8.00 A.M Recitation of Swamy Desikan's 28 SthOthrams
in front of Lord SrinivAsan's sannidhi led by
SishyAs of HH SrImad Andavan .

8.00 A.M RaamAyaNa PaarAyaNam at Lord Ramachandran's sannidhi
headed by SrIman Poondi Vijyaraghavan , President of
RaamAnujA Mission , USA

8.00 A.M Veda PaarAyaNam at SrI RanganAyaki's Sannidhi

8.00 A.M Continous PaarAyanam of Sri VishNu SahasranAmam
in front of SrI Lakshmi Naraimhan Sannidhi by all.

1.00 P.M Periya SaaRRumuRai Led by SrI VaradarAja Bhattar
of Oppiliappan Koil.

1.30 P.M TadhiyArAdhanam for PaarAyanakArAs & Anna DhAnam
for all SevArthis.

On behalf of the Board of trustees of SrI RanganAtha
Temple , adiyEn invites You all to join these celebrations
and recieve the blessings of the Dhivya Damapthis and
their AchAryAs.We invite You all to join this celebration
and all future AchArya Thirunakshathram celebrations
at SrI RanganAtha temple with family and friends.

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list