You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00015 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear BhakthAs:

It is most unfortunate that Cyber vandals and scam
artists continue to be on the prowl to attack non-suspecting
lists like ours .The recent incident experienced by
one of our sister lists is very regrettable.

Although as Moderators , most of us exercise approval control
over membership requests and messages sent , some times
these vandals assume stolen identity and send messages
under other legitimate members' names. They make their
moves based on volumes of mails . Further , they
latch on their despicable and abhorrent messages as
attachments to original messages. These vandals
have extremely deceptive ways to get in to anybody's
networks and address books and cause chaos. There does not
seem to be any technical solutions to prevent these attacks
except the drastic measure of recieving mails only from
those who is known to you personally .

My request to you all:

1. Please install virus scanning systems
even if it is not fool proof. Lot slips in.

2. Please reject all suspect mail with suspicious
titles and strangers .

3. Please be weary of attachments and those
ending with "SCR, EXE". Please reject them.

3. If any one knows how to stop these offenders
from interfering with our communications in
our Sathsangam lists,please let the moderators know .

Thanks very much ,
V.Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia