You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00020 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Respected Bhaktas:

We should all consider ourselves fortunate. In their eternally wise plan
the Divya Dampathis have decided on this incident to drive home the point
that such things are bound to happen to REAL devoutees.

We are all well aware of various proverbs, sayings etc. which always
declare that the more closer one approaches divinity the more the troubles,
testing times. These are to be construed as the test by the LORDS.

Our puranas, epics, history, culture and Vedic traditions are replete with
such 'TESTS' which the LORD keeps on bestowing on HIS Most favoured
devoutees.

Surely, we are not in an extraordinary painful state which the LORD's most
favoured Bhakta, closest associate and friend Arjuna was when he was in the
battlefield ?

It would seem to the writer that the message by the Divya Dampathis is :
Do not just keep on reading about these topics, discussions etc. but absorb
them, internalise them, live them, believe in them and keep on recollecting
them.

The Vedic tradition was - and still continues to be - the ONE AND ONLY
feasible solution i.e. Shravanam, Mananam..etc. whereby nothing was
committed to writing. Everything that was possible in the field of
knowledge was orally transmitted and the Vedic tradition kept alive.

We must take clues and learn from these incidents. In a flash everything
can be wiped out.

Om tat Sat
Tat tvam asi

Sadagopan
<sgopan@computer To: Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.net> cc: saranagathi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Tiruvengadam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
06/10/03 08:16 Parakalamatham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
AM srivenugopala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Please respond desikasampradaya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
to malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
parakalamatham Srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SriParakalaMatham] Oppiliappan Archives

SrI:

Dear BhakthAs:

I am embarassed to let you know that by accident
(thru misunderstanding of a recent Yahoo group message
to the Moderator) , I have erased all the 2,770 messages/postings
in the Oppiliappan archives in one swoop.Too late to
recover them now with my limited computer skills !
Oppiliappan List was started on March 9, 2002 and it
is a pity that all the 2,770 messages are lost now!

Therefore , if you are looking for Oppiliappan archival material,
I am afraid that there will be none. Some of the postings
might be found in sister lists, where I might have posted
them .Saranagathy list archives have a few of them and
ThiruvEngadam as well as Bhakthi list might have copies of
other postings.

It is all Lord's ThiruvuLLam.

SrI Oppiliappan ThruvadigaLE Saranam,
V.Sadagopan