You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00100 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sadagopan <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear SrIman Sudarshanan:
>
> The Other name for "Shoonyam" is Poojyam.
> Poojyam can be taken as Poojaneeyam or
> one that is exalted and therefore worthy of
> worship.

Dear SrimAn Sadagopan,

Is this the reason perhaps why venerable 'achAryA-s' in Vedantic
tradition are often referred to as "poojyashri" So-and-so? For
instance, the Kanchi ParamachArya was referred to sometimes as
Poojyashri Chandrasekherendra Saraswati. However, I have not come
across any of the SriVaishnavite 'achAryA-s' or 'gurus' being
addressed with the prefix "poojyasri". Wonder why?

Perhaps you could throw some light?

Thanks and regards,
dAsan,
Sudarshan