You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Mar 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00096 Mar 2006

Mar 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

BIRTHLESS WITH MULTIPLE BIRTHS

The heading may sound to be paradox. It may be construed as an element of null
set.

However, the statement is true in the context of none other than our EmperumAn.

Sri NamAzhvAr categorically mentions

'yAnum piRapp-il pal-piRavip perumAnai maRapponRinRi enRum magizhvanEa"
ThriuvAimozhi 2-9-4;
"I will never forget the Lord who is birthless with multiple births"

If one has birth he cannot be termed as birthless.On the contrary, if one is
birthless, he cannot be termed as one with sevral births.
The onbadhinAyirappaDi clearly sums up this point
"karma vasyamAna piRAvi inRikkEA irukkach seidhEA - samsArigaLukku vuNDAna
krupAdhisiyathAlEA asankyAvathArangaLaip paNNi aruLum.'
Though not bound by kArmic effects, out of mercy towards the AtmAs stuck in the
samsAram, takes incarnations.

That is what upanishads corroborate 'ajAyamAnOA bahUthA vijAyathEA'

EmperumAn descends to the earth to rescue the souls. He takes up this task upon
Himself as He is not able to tolerate the insults poured on

" Eswaran avatharithuch seiyyum Anaith thozhilgaL ellAm bhAgavathApachAram
poRamAiyinAlEA ' This is the sRevachana bhUshanam sUthram No. 192;

Though the Lord can decimate these vandals with His sankalpam-s He comes down
personally to vanquish them.

1. The Lord is birthless - as he is not bound by kArmic effects.

2.  EmperumAn out of immense mercy takes up birth.

3. He cannot tolerate the insults inflicted on His deovtees and takes upon
Himself all taks to remove their sufferings.

(to be continued)

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanbhan