You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - May 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00125 May 2006

May 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

This is very disturbing indeed.  Obviously they won't listen to our AcAryas.
It is my personal observation and belief that bhagavAn takes care of the people
who violate His laws in His own way.  Once the sanctity of the temple has been
violated, it is not a temple anymore, and so ideally we should boycott these as
places of worship.  But unfortunately the hindu-s are well-known in not uniting
together on any mass action, and mass action is successful only when there is
mass support.  So He is the only One who can show guidance to us on this.  I am
sure He will give us this guidance through our AcArya-s.

  -Krishnamachari

  -Krishnamachari

Thatha Desikan <tsdesigan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Pranams to all people,

I hope many would have heard that the current DMK
government of Tamil Nadu, is going to issue a
government order that "All people, not just brahmins,
can become priests in hindu temples". He has intended
for all the temples that are currently under
government. They also seems a plan to train many
non-brahmin people for this.

Our tradition is based on varnashrama darma and not
caste fights. But, he wont understand this.

Sorry to bring this news to groups, but any idea on
what all the temples that might get affected?

Regards,
Desigan

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM