You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00113 Nov 2003

Sri Sridhar,

Please visit www.templenet.com/karnataka.html. Contains information about
temples of Karnataka in general and lists nearly 200 temples.

A majority of ancient temples in Karnataka do have at least one shrine
dedicated to Sri Maha Vishnu avatAram. However, our (Sri Vaishnava)
sampradAyam is not followed in all of them. Many follow Dvaita tradition
(e.g. Udipi). Below I've short-listed those with presiding deity Sriman
Narayana.
Please cross-verify with other sources for accuracy.

1. Sri Ranganatha Temple at Sri Rangapatnam near Mysore
2. Sri Tiru Narayana Temple at Melkote near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
3. Ahobala Narasimha Temple at Niratadi near Davangere
4. Allanatha (Varadaraja) Temple at Maddur
5. Adi Narayana Temple at Dodballpur near Bangalore
6. Adikesava Temple at Kaginelli (Haveri) near Dharwar
7. Amaranarayana Temple at Kaivara near Kolar
8. Anantapadmanabha Temple at Hosa Budanur near Mandya
9. Aprameya Temple at Malur near Kolar
10. Badri Narayana Temple at Melkote near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
11. Balakrishna Temple at Udupi near Mangalore
12. Channakesava Temple at Chikballapur near Kolar
13. Chennakesava Temple at Haranhalli (Arsikere) near Hassan
14. Chennakesava Temple at Aralaguppe near Tiptur
15. Chennakesava Temple at Belur near Hassan
16. Gopalakrishna Temple at Tonnur (Melkote) near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
17. Gopalakrishna Temple at Krishnaraja Sagar near Mysore
18. Gopalakrishna Temple at Patrenahalli near Kolar
19. Govindeshwara Temple at Near Hassan
20. Kesava Temple at Somnathapura near Mysore
21. Kirti Narayana Temple at Talakad near Mysore
22. Kodandaramaswamy Temple at Kanchankatte (Saligram) near Krishnarajpet
(Mandya)
23. Lakshmi Devi Temple at Dodda-gaddavalli near Hassan
24. Lakshmi Narasimha Temple at Hole Narasipur near Sravanabelagola
25. Lakshmi Narayana Temple at Chamundi Hill near Mysore
26. Lakshmi Temple at Kaginelli (Haveri) near Dharwar
27. Lakshminarasimha Temple at Nuggihalli near Tiptur
28. Nambi Narayana Temple at Tonnur (Melkote) near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
29. Narasimha Temple at Devaraya Durga Hill near Tumkur
30. Narasimha Temple at Kaginelli (Haveri) near Dharwar
31. Narasimha Temple at Kunigal (Tumkur) near Bangalore
32. Narasimha Temple at Maddur
33. Narasimha Temple at Savandrurga near Bangalore
34. Narasimha Temple at Agara (Yelandur) near Mysore
35. Pakshi Ranganatha Temple at Kumsi near Shimoga
36. Para Vasudeva Temple at Gundlupet near Mysore
37. Pattabhirama Temple at Hampi near Hospet
38. Pattabhirama Temple at Ramanathapura near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
39. Ranganatha Temple at Anegondi near Hospet
40. SoumyaKesava Temple at Nagamangala near Mandya
41. Sri Sreenivasar Temple at Seshadripuram Bangalaore
42. Varahaswamy Temple at Mysore
43. Venkataramanaswamy Temple at Guttahalli near Kolar
44. Venkatramana Temple at Chiknayakanhalli near Tumkur
45. Venugopalaswamy Temple at Devanhalli near Bangalore
46. Vira Narayana Temple at Belur near Hassan
47. Vithala Temple at Hampi near Hospet
48. Yoga Narasimha Temple at Tonnur (Melkote) near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
49. Yoga Narasimha Temple at Melkote near Krishnarajpet (Mandya)
50. Yoga Narasimha Temple at Mudgere near Chikmagalur
---
51.  Hanuman Temple at Annigeri near Hubli
52. Anjaneya Temple at Tekal near Kolar
53. Veeraanjaneya Swamy Temple at Mulbagal near Kolar

Regards,
Sriram